Jenny
Chicago, Illinois

Koh Tao

Best Dive Resort on Koh Tao or hotel?

Looking for recommendations on good dive resorts on Koh Tao. Looking for something a little nicer. I know 5 star hotels are not really Koh Tao's thing, but some of the pics of hotels on Trip advisor are a little scary!!! Unfortunately, I can't resist looking at the worst reviews. Would love to stay in a "nice" or even “nice-ish” bungalow/hut on pretty, but not too crowded beach. Ideally would love if it was also a dive resort, but can do it separately as well.  

I'll be staying about 7 days in May. Traveling with my husband. 

Matt from Cleveland, Ohio

New Heaven dive school & Resort. Stayed/dived here in the past and was very pleased.

1. New Heaven dive school (attraction)

Pejman from Vancouver

I got my PAdi Certification with Grand Coral Divers. I think I paid $300 back in 2010 for 4 days of instruction and accomodation. Check them out!

Carolann from Around The World

We got our diving certification through Scuba Shack - www.scubashackkohtao.com - and they have many dive packages for those already certified.

They were a great group of dive instructors and incredibly professional. They were also competitively priced with equipment that was cared for.

They are also affiliated with a few hotels - one is a bungalow-style overlooking the water. You may want to check on A/C facilities no matter which hotel you choose as not all come with AC and most that do are significantly more expensive.

We stayed in a hotel with A/C through the Scuba Shack and were very pleased with the size of the room and the cleanliness. The price was also the same as our previous hotel (which did not have AC, was tiny and not very clean) It's also only a short walk from the dive shop and is right on the main road off the beach. 

We wrote a little about Scuba Shack, our experience and our instructor on our blog - http://onemoderncouple.com/scuba-diving/ - but the best way would be to call or shoot them an email. We dealt with Stefan Kirchmann when booking and I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions you have - stefandivekohtao(at)gmail.com

Happy diving!

Rebecca from Manchester

New Way Dive school. I dived with them over Christmas and for 1000bhats I got two dives with just myself, another diver and two instructors. The school also encouraged us to stay after to join them for a few beers.