My fiance and I are ending our 3 week honeymoon in Thailand in Koh Samui. We will have 5 nights there and I would love to hear what people love on the island. We love food, beaches, cultural sites, and a little bit of adventure. Also, if there are any day trips outside of the island we should consider please recommend those as well.
My Koh Samui trip is awesome and here are some activities I'd like to share.
1. Explore the island by rental motorcycle, visit every beach, waterfalls, temples and villages. Spend 1-2 days for it.
2. Enjoy local food at recommended restaurants . I went to Khrua Chao Ban.
3. Book the day trip tour to Angthong National Marine Park.
6. Go Full Moon Party at Koh Phangan
7. Lunch buffet with live DJ at Beach Republic
8. Visit Hin Ta Hin Yai
10. Do nothing at your hotel
Yummy Southern Style Food
Mentioned in this answer:
Being from Portland, im guessing that you don't mind a little hike. Well there is a day trip to 'Angthong National Marine Park You are looking at a 2 hour boat trip out there and then once in the national park you get to kayak and then hike up to the top of a view point which gives you the best views in Thailand. I would recommend it. The boat trip is ok and you do get fed. I done this trip hungover, so cant really comment on the food.