Jenna
California

Koh Chang

Where to stay for less than $100 but still in a nice and good location.

We will be traveling over Christmas. Places seem to be getting booked up fast. Should I book in advance? The place I want to stay is call Warapura Resort however, they are requiring a minimum of 7 night stay, which seems ridiculous. Any other suggestions for a place that is under $100/night but still nice? Thank you!

Sarah from Milwaukee

When we were there in 2012, I believe we stayed here: Oasis | Koh Chang Bungalows -  http://www.oasis-kohchang.com/koh-chang-bungalows/ - in the bungalows on the hill that were air-conditioned. At that time, we could use the pool for the resort that was down the hill, but it looks like they aren't connected anymore. The beach there was so lovely & perfect & we had it to ourselves most of the time (but we were there in off season). It was a bit more secluded than the other big areas of the island but we rented scooters for cheap (and you'll see its cheap there in high season as well).  

Not really a resort, but I hope that's somewhat helpful! 

1. Oasis | Koh Chang Bungalows (restaurant)

Darren from Thailand

Take a look at resorts on Klong Prao Beach, we stayed there 2 years ago, I was going to suggest Klong Prao Resort, we had a great time there, but I already checked on Agoda and unfortunately they are booked up.

Another nice looking resort on the beach at Klong Prao is Coconut Beach Resort. Klong Prao is a beautiful beach, the most beautiful on the island in my opinion, and it doesn't get crowded like White Sands Beach.

If you don't mind being off the beach, take a look at Paddy's Palms Resort Koh Chang, it's at the far end of White Sands, nice rooms but a little bit of a trek to the beach.

1. Klong Prao Resort (hotel)
  2. Coconut Beach Resort (hotel)
  3. Paddy's Palms Resort Koh Chang (hotel)