Wil
Jacksonville

Koh Chang

Anyone have advice on places to stay and visit while on Koh Chang?

I will be staying on Koh Chang in March of 2015 preferably on a quiet beach, any ideas/recommendations would be appreciated

Darren from Thailand

If you're looking for a quiet beach, consider Long Beach and Klong Kloi Beach, in my opinion the the quiet beaches don't match the quality of the more popular beaches but check them out, I guess it's a matter of preference. Even though there are a lot of resorts on it, Klong Prao Beach never feels crowded, and I would say it's the most beautiful beach on the island.

The beauty of Koh Chang is there's something for everyone, there's nightlife, adventure activities, or if you wish, just total relaxation. A few recommendations based on my own experience would be, hire a motorcycle and tour the island, but make sure you are competent, the roads can be treacherous. Visit Klong Plu Waterfall and have a refreshing dip, go kayaking on the mangrove swamps at Salakkok Bay. Ko Chang also has a tree tops zip-line adventure called Flying Fox, I tried the alternative to this in Chonburi, and I can tell you it's an awesome day out, a mixture of adrenaline and breathtaking scenery. You can see these suggestions in more detail here, Things to do on Koh Chang.  

1. Long Beach (attraction)
  2. Klong Kloi Beach (hotel)
  3. Klong Prao Beach (attraction)
  4. Klong Plu Waterfall (attraction)
  5. Salakkok Bay (attraction)
  6. Ko Chang (city)

Stephen "Sven" from Florida

I am currently in Thailand and staying at an excellent resort in Koh Chang. Go to Hotels.com and look for Sea View Resort & Spa - Koh Chang. It sits right on the beach and is still close enough to other things so you are not bored.

1. Koh Chang (island)
  2. Sea View Resort & Spa - Koh Chang (hotel)