Jacques
Paris, France

Ko Lanta, Koh Lipe

If you had 4 days in February, would you go to Ko Lanta or Ko Lipe?

I'm planning a long weekend getaway from Singapore in Feb 2015. I'm looking at Ko Lanta and Lipe.

If you have visited both islands, can you please let me know which one you would pick? I've read stuff on both but I'm having a hard time deciding. 

I will be travelling with a my wife, a 2 year old baby and my mother. Looking for a place where I can enjoy the island and the beach. As far as possible from the hords of tourists... 

Thanks

Juliette from Paris

I would definitely go to Ko Lanta. I spent some days on the island 2 years ago and I have strong memories of this place. You can realx, go to the beach, do scuba diving and just hang around on your scooter... Very nice place to visit, do not hesitate :)

1. Ko Lanta (city)

Erik from New York City

I strongly prefer Ko Lanta over Koh Lipe. I was on Lipe in February 2013, and was disappointed to find it was absolutely crawling with people - loud, crowded, and now sadly starting to suffer from the overbuilding and pollution. Lanta is much quieter and relaxing, and also has nice beaches, with calm water and beautiful sunsets.

1. Ko Lanta (city)
  2. Koh Lipe (city)