Jessie
San Jose (California)

Kihei, Lahaina, Wailea Makena, Maui, Hawaii

What area in Maui has better weather in late Sept- early Oct? Best beach?

Taking the family on a vacation to Maui and during the non touristy stuff I want to be able to have the kids enjoy relaxing easy beaches (they have never been in the ocean 4yr, 7yr, 18yr).  I want a place on the beach so I would prefer it not be so windy and warm enough to enjoy sitting out most days.  Also if there were surf lessons or other water activities nearby that would be awesome.  Which area has better weather for this type of setting?

Chris from Manhattan Beach, California

Kihei Kai Oceanfront Condominiums (https://kiheikai.com) is the best place for consistent weather - I've been there 3 times and taking my kids back again this summer.  It's 15 minutes from Wailea, and 15 minutes from Lahaina.  These condo's are great, since it's right on the beach - great to wake up and walk the like 20 steps to the beach.  No real waves, which makes it fun for the kids to bask in the water.  I have 3 kids, and can't say enough good things.  Let me know if you need "to do's" around there.  Great aquarium about 10 minutes away.

1. Kihei Kai Oceanfront Condominiums (attraction)

Suz

Wailea has best weather  

Not so hot or Wendy. 

Kihei has some surf lessons just off Kihei road. 

Makena surf in front has great beach and turtles come up to swim plus great snorkeling and long beach to walk for exercise.