Cheryl

Kemah, Houston

Does Kemah Boardwalk charge an Entrance Fee or Ticket to get in?

Hi, I'm going to NASA Space Center for 1 day and flying out at 12nn from George Bush Intercontinental Airport the next day.

I'm looking for a restaurant to eat dinner with a nice view and someplace to stay, then maybe for an evening stroll or morning jog on the boardwalk between 7am-9am. I'm hoping Kemah Boardwalk doesnt have an entrance fee or ticket for us to take a stroll in (no time to ride the theme park rides due to the 12nn flight).

I'm also open to a hotel nearer to IAH airport but in a nice and safe area if Kemah Boardwalk charges an entrance fee.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Allison from Houston
No Kemah does not charge an entry fee. I agree with Lulu, skip the Boardwalk. Plus the road (SH 146) is under construction and the traffic can be horrible. Try some local food like The Original Ninfa's on Navigation.

1. The Original Ninfa's on Navigation (restaurant)

lulu
Hey Cheryl- 
Not sure if you are familiar with Houston, but that’s covering a lot of real estate and traffic. George Bush Intercontinental Airport is north and Kemah Boardwalk is really south, probably about an hour plus without traffic.
All the food there is a Landry’s chain, and you can get the same crap they serve in any city.  
If I had that amount of time, I’d head downtown. There’s a great restaurant at Discovery Green called The Grove. Tons of things going on at all times.

1. George Bush Intercontinental Airport (attraction)
  2. Kemah Boardwalk (attraction)
  3. Discovery Green (attraction)
  4. The Grove (restaurant)