Sofia
Vasteras

Kaua'i

What to do and where to eat on Kaua'i?

My boyfriend and I came to Kaua'i today and we're staying for 2 weeks!

What should we do and which restaurants are worth visiting?

Is there a particular meal/food that is unique for Kaua'i that we should try while here? We don't want to miss anything!!

Candace from Albany (Oregon)

If you like fish tacos, don't miss Island Taco in Waimea and Tiki Tacos in Kaapa. The tacos at Island Taco were well worth the wait after hiking in Waimea Canyon State Park.

1. Island Taco (restaurant)
  2. Tiki Tacos (restaurant)
  3. Waimea Canyon State Park (attraction)

Elizabeth from Boynton Beach

Hi Sofia,

I agree with the prior answers so I won't repeat that information. I'm into gardening so I especially enjoyed the Limahuli Garden and Preserveon the north shore and the affiliated Allerton Garden on the south shore. Limahuli has some rare specimens that are endemic to Kauai. It would be a beautiful way to spend a morning, a peaceful place to hike. Follow that up with a lunch at nearby Mediterranean Gourmet. The food is great and the views are lovely. If you've never visited a coffee farm, you might also enjoy a tour of Kauai Coffee Co. It's touristy, but you learn a lot about coffee, one of Kauai's largest crops, and can sample in the tasting room until you shake. I also think that the best ways to appreciate the island's unique beauty especially Na'Pali Coast State Park are from the air or by boat. Above all, enjoy! You are in a very special, romantic place.

1. Limahuli Garden and Preserve (attraction)
  2. Allerton Garden (attraction)
  3. Mediterranean Gourmet (restaurant)
  4. Kauai Coffee Co (attraction)
  5. Na'Pali Coast State Park (attraction)

Randy from Tampa

I've been to Kauai three times, each time for two weeks. Here's some ideas.  

If you can - go to the west side of the island for a few days. You can hike Waimea Canyon State Park and Koke`e State Park. Polihale beach is a must see place. Bring food and drinks and stay for the sunset. Kehaha beach is another great beach for sunsets. Waimea wrangler is sort of a tradition as there arent many great places on the west side.  

If you're adventurous, take the Birds of Paradise ultralight flight at port Allen. I've done it twice. Much better than a helicopter. If you go, book the first flight of the day. Less clouds and wind - means better flight. And only go with Birds of Paradise.  

I stayed primarily in Princeville, and I recommend the hike to Hanakapi 'ai Falls, Kalalua Trail, Queens Bath, Tunnels Beach, and the other beaches along the northern coast. On the east side, hike Sleeping Man and ride the bike trail.  

Go to The St. Regis Princeville Resort at Princeville especially at sunset, Hanalei bay at various times of the day, but especially at sunset. Tahiti Nui is a must see place.  

Drive a different place everyday and explore. Good luck. You're going to love it.

1. Waimea Canyon State Park (attraction)
  2. Koke`e State Park (attraction)
  3. Princeville (city)
  4. Hanakapi 'ai Falls (attraction)
  5. Queens Bath (attraction)
  6. Tunnels Beach (attraction)
  7. The St. Regis Princeville Resort (hotel)
  8. Tahiti Nui (restaurant)

Lauren from Chicago

Hi Sofia,

I would definitely try and visit Bar Acuda - they offer really amazing tapas/small plates. I also agree that Tahiti Nui is a great bar nearby and they do luaus as well. Puka Dog Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs are a great stop for lunch, and we visited Kilauea Bakery & Pau Hana Pizza multiple times for both breakfast and lunch. Have a great trip!

1. Bar Acuda (attraction)
  2. Tahiti Nui (restaurant)
  3. Puka Dog Hawaiian Style Hot Dogs (restaurant)
  4. Kilauea Bakery & Pau Hana Pizza (restaurant)

Leanne from Honolulu

Try Brennecke's Beach Broiler. They have great appetizers, drinks, dinners. The locals and visitors flock there. The service is awesome..enjoy!

1. Brennecke's Beach Broiler (restaurant)