Kris

Kaua'i

Honeymooning in Kaua'i - Top list of what to do?

Will be in Kaua'i for 2 weeks this coming May and would love to hear of the top to-do's while we're there. Budget doesn't matter much if it's interesting.

Favorite restaurants?

Best outdoors things to do? Anything a little extreme would be cool

Surfing - best beaches to take a lesson?

Cheryl

First, you must take a helicopter tour , based in Lihue, Will Squires and Jack Harter best companies with safety records, 90 per cent of Kauai is inaccessible so that is a must do .  At the tne of the road at Ke'e Beach and you can start your hike there down the Napali Coast line. Awesome views.  There is a stable based in Princeville that does rides through guava plantation, sometimes with rope ladder down to a waterfall where lunch is spread out on a rock,  You can take a zodiac out of Hanalei from that side of the island down Napali coast, in and out of the caves or you can depart on  a catamaran from the west side of the island that stops for snorkeling, Bar Acuda is great in Hanalei as is Hanalei Dolphin Restaurant. There is a food tour that will familiarize you with restaurants,  Taste of Kauai has one on North Side where you will be,  Kayaking is available in Hanalei down the river and it stops on a beach by the The St. Regis Princeville Resort. Hanalei Bay has water bikes,  This is a mostly scuba island and Tunnels Beach is great for that by Hanalei, If there are surfing lessons I am not aware of them.  I am a certified Kauai Destination Specialist and travel to the island at least once a year so I am familiar with the island.  There is a zipline I am pretty sure in the Princeville area since you are interested in extreme sports. Waimea Canyon State Park on the opposite side of the island is great for hiking but it is not where Jurassic Park was filmed See my blog at www.wanderingwilkerson.blogspot.com for more insight. It is a beautful island , very laid back and country.  Be sure to eat at Duane's Ono-Char Burger in a  strip mall on the way to Princeville and have and Island Boy burger. Kountry Kitchen in Kapaa and Ono Family Restaurant have fab breakfasts . Hukilau Lanai is my fav restaurant on the island that is reasonable and good ambiance and food wise Eastside in Kapaa (my fav town).  Does this help?

1. Lihue (city)
  2. Ke'e Beach (attraction)
  3. Princeville (city)
  4. Hanalei (city)
  5. Bar Acuda (attraction)
  6. Hanalei Dolphin Restaurant (restaurant)
  7. The St. Regis Princeville Resort (hotel)
  8. Tunnels Beach (attraction)
  9. Waimea Canyon State Park (attraction)
  10. Duane's Ono-Char Burger (restaurant)
  11. Kountry Kitchen (restaurant)
  12. Ono Family Restaurant (restaurant)
  13. Hukilau Lanai (restaurant)

Juliana from Las Vegas

Hey Kris! What part of Kauai are you staying in? I can recommend a some great restaurants but they are on opposite sides of the island. 

The Beach House- gorgeous ocean view, It looked like the restaurant was floating on the water

Kauai Grill at St. Regis Princeville- Some of the best French food I have ever had. Pretty pricey but it is a really nice place.

Don't miss out on Waimea Canyon

Hope you have a great honeymoon!  

1. The Beach House (restaurant)
  2. Kauai Grill at St. Regis Princeville (restaurant)
  3. Waimea Canyon (attraction)