Matias asked

Problem in karlsruhe airport

Hello to everybody. I have a plane leaving at 8 am from FKB Karlsruhe Airport on 31 december (it's SUNDAY). I am very worried because I don't know how to arrive to the airport from a nearby city. I am in Strasbourg now, so for me it's the same offenburg, baden baden or karlsruhe. Anyone knows which are the least expensive options to arrive to the airport?

Thanks in advance 

Karlsruhe

Mary from Leicester

I assume you are leaving from Strasbourg

If your flight leaves at 8am you should be at Baden Airport (FKB)(Baden Airpark is 'Karlsruhe airport') by 6am. It isn't possible to get from Strasbourg to the airport for that time. The first bus from Baden-Badenrailway station doesn't even leave until 0949 on Sundays:

https://www.baden-airpark.de/wp-content/uploads/285_ab_12.07.2017_eng.pdf

So I think you have two choices:

1) Book a shuttle service to take you to the airport from Strasbourg. The official airport website has a list of shuttles and taxis:

https://www.baden-airpark.de/en/directions-and-parking/taxi-shuttle-services/shuttle-services/

2) Travel to Baden Baden on 30th December, stay there overnight and get your hotel/hostel to help you to book a taxi to the airport the next morning.

Matias
Hi Mary, thank you very much for your help. My idea is to travel to a near city 1 or 2 days before (just to do a little tourism there). So maybe I am going to Baden Baden. Do you know how much would it cost a taxi from baden baden centre to the airport? Or if there is a cheaper option? I checked out flibco, but they don't cover anymore the airport.

Mary
Sorry for the late reply, Matias. I'm afraid I don't know how much a taxi to the airport will be from Baden Baden. I suggest you phone one of the companies on the airport page I linked and ask for a quote. I think a shuttle (or even a taxi) from Strasbourg may be cheaper than train + hotel/hostel + taxi fare.

1. Strasbourg (city)
  2. Baden Airport (FKB) (attraction)
  3. Karlsruhe (attraction)
  4. Baden-Baden (city)