Stanley
Butte

Kansas City (Missouri)

Kansas City BBQ

I'd like to try some good KC BBQ while I'm in town.  Where are all the good places that locals go to?

Andrew from Minneapolis

I love Kansas City BBQ.  Here are my favorite joints:

• Arthur Bryant's Barbeque: This BBQ joint is the stuff of legends, order the classic butcher-paper wrapped 'beef and fries.'
  • Oklahoma Joe's BBQ & Catering: The line is always out the door, but it's worth the wait. This gas station BBQ joint is often touted as the best in the city. Go for the Z-Man (brisket sandwich topped with onion rings) or the classic Carolina (pulled pork and cole slaw).
  • Woodyard BBQ: Woodyard’s smoked meats draw a good crowd for a reason. Don’t leave without trying the burnt end chili, filled with smoked beef and topped with spoonfuls of those perfect charred bits of the brisket.
  • Danny Edwards BBQ: The Edward family uses recipes that have been passed through the generations since the Great Depression. Try the big, meaty ribs, tender and juicy turkey or the beef brisket.
  • BB's Lawnside BBQ: Nothing pairs better with barbecue than a hefty serving of blues. At B.B.’s Lawnside, you get both. Opt for gigantic slabs of saucy ribs served with pit beans and white bread.

1. Arthur Bryant's Barbeque (restaurant)
  2. Oklahoma Joe's BBQ & Catering (restaurant)
  3. Woodyard BBQ (restaurant)
  4. Danny Edwards BBQ (restaurant)
  5. BB's Lawnside BBQ (restaurant)

Corey from Overland Park

Arthur Bryant's Barbeque is the top tier BBQ in KC, and I'd put Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue just below it. Not a bad bite on the plate. Depending on where you are staying, there are a few other Jack Stacks throughout the metro, making it a little more accessible.

2. Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue (restaurant)

Sunny from Kansas City (Missouri)

I'm  a Kansas City native and my BBQ preference would be anyone of the several locations of Gates Bar-B-Q

1. Gates Bar-B-Q (restaurant)

Tara from Davis

Gates Bar-B-Q is the family favorite for me, but another good one is Arthur Bryant's Barbeque. If you do go to Gates, though, get the spicy BBQ sauce!

1. Gates Bar-B-Q (restaurant)
  2. Arthur Bryant's Barbeque (restaurant)

Tara from Davis

Hey Stanley, the best places locals go are Gates Bar-B-Q as well as Arthur Bryant's Barbeque. Gates is personally my favorite because it's what I grew up on. Plus, it has strawberry soda, which to me is an absolute must with BBQ! I hope you get a chance to check it out!

1. Gates Bar-B-Q (restaurant)