Kenneth
Portland

Kansas City (Missouri)

Ideas for walking tour of cool buildings in KC?

So I heard there are some really cool buildings in KC and I wanna do a walking tour of them.  Anyone have any ideas on where to start and what to see?  I got a bunch of good BBQ advice, so I figured I need to walk it off!

Corey from Overland Park

During the first Friday each month, there is an event at the Crossroads Art District of Kansas City called First Fridays. Many businesses and artisans basically showcase and sell their work on the street. There is plenty of entertainment and it's a great time.

Many historic buildings are open for displaying artwork, so it's a great opportunity to get lost in the architecture of Kansas City. Some buildings have a great view of the skyline. 

Downtown Kansas City is booming with interesting buildings as well, but Crossroads is a nice way to start.

1. Crossroads Art District (attraction)
  2. Downtown Kansas City (attraction)

Christene from Kansas City (Missouri)

I would also agree with the Crossroads Art Districtarea, probably starting at Union Station Kansas City, Inc.. From there, you can catch the Max Bus for a few dollars to the Country Club Plazaor downtown. It is an easy route to follow and you can cover a ton of Kansas City that way. Plus, it's cheap! 

1. Crossroads Art District (attraction)
  2. Union Station Kansas City, Inc. (attraction)
  3. Country Club Plaza (attraction)

Meradith from Scottsdale

Walk around the Country Club Plaza or anywhere from the River Market to the Crossroads Art District area downtown. There's also the Richard L Berkley Riverfront Park park near the River Market. 

1. Country Club Plaza (attraction)
  2. Crossroads Art District (attraction)
  3. River Market (attraction)
  4. Richard L Berkley Riverfront Park (attraction)