Marci
Boston

Kansas City (Missouri)

Is Jack Stack BBQ worth it?

We only have one night to try BBQ in Kansas City. Is Jack Stack the best place to try BBQ?

Heather from Kansas City (Missouri)

I have lived in  Kansas City my entire life.  I have tried all the BBQ KC has to offer.  If you only have time for one BBQ place then Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue is a must.  You will not be disappointed.  Might I suggest the burnt ends.  They are amazing. Enjoy!

1. Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue (restaurant)

Scott from Fort Collins

Hi Marci!  I've eaten at Jack Stack's twice. Their sides are very, very good.  I'm not a huge fan of their meats, though still pretty good.  As my wife said, I would seek out Oklahoma Joe's.  The Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue in Olathe preferably.  Yummy!

1. Oklahoma Joe's Barbecue (restaurant)

Oklahoma Joe's BBQ & Catering is the absolute best!! They have a couple of locations, the line may be out the door bit goes quickly and is worth it!

1. Oklahoma Joe's BBQ & Catering (restaurant)

Corey from Overland Park

Hi Marci,

If you have one night in KC, I would say Fiorella's Jack Stack Barbecue is absolutely worth it. It has everything you could want and is one of the nicer BBQ places to dine. I had some the other night, in fact, and I'm still full.

Claudia from New York City

I've been to Gates BBQ which is a pretty well known establishment in Kansas City (Missouri). I ordered the Burnt Ends sandwich with onion rings and the portions were quite large – so much so that I couldn't finish all my onion rings. Gates BBQ has six locations throughout the Kansas City area. You may be able to find one closest to where you stay, which is a plus when you're pressed for time.

Their BBQ sauces are delicious and are available for purchase at the restaurants. You can pick up their famous barbecue sauce as a souvenir for friends and family too.

1. Kansas City (Missouri) (city)

Courtney from Fairway, Kansas

In my humble opinion, there is better BBQ in KC than Jack Stack.  It is more of a commercial upscale BBQ operation.  I would try Oklahoma Joe's BBQ & Catering (Now Joe's of Kansas City) or Arthur Bryant's Barbeque in the of Jazz District. Good Luck! 

2. Arthur Bryant's Barbeque (restaurant)