Kelly
Sunnyvale

Kelly from Sunnyvale asked

What is there to do in Kansas City, MO?

Going to be in town for work all week. Other then the Royals getting defeated by the Giants - I am wondering what's cool to do besides eat bbq?

Kansas City (Kansas)

Cynthia from Overland Park

If you like sports, check the schedule for the Kansas City Chiefs or Sporting KC.  If you like art, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.  If you like jazz, the American Jazz Museum.  The Plaza Area should not be missed for places to see/shop and Power and Light District for night life.  Hope you have a great time!

Marci
Where do the locals get the best bbq?

Cynthia
Oklahoma Joe's, who recently changed their name to Joe's Kansas City BBQ. But there will be many who argue Gate's, Arthur Bryant's, Jack Stack ... It's hard to go wrong

1. Kansas City Chiefs (attraction)
  2. Sporting KC (attraction)
  3. Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (attraction)
  4. American Jazz Museum (restaurant)
  5. Plaza Area (attraction)
  6. Power and Light District (attraction)
Scott from Fort Collins

Hello Kelly.  I thought of a few things to supplement my wife's list in Kansas City (Missouri).  A few other interesting things to see are the American Jazz Museum, the National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial, the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, and the Harry S. Truman Library.  There are also many restaurants and bars in the Power and Light District, and Midtown - Westport.

Marci
Best place for bbq?

Scott
Some people like Jack Stack, and I think they do a nice job, but are Not what I look for in BBQ. I think they gave great food, but take themselves too seriously. Anytime I'm in KC, Oklahoma Joe's is a must. To me, it is the best in a great BBQ city.

Anicia from Newark (Delaware)

Check out the Power and Light District tons of bars, shopping and restaurants.

Michael from Leavenworth, Kansas

The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is amazing.  It have lots of levels to go see.  Going into the newest section is about an hour which is worth the trip if you only have an hour.