Kelly
Sunnyvale

Kansas City (Kansas)

What is there to do in Kansas City, MO?

Going to be in town for work all week. Other then the Royals getting defeated by the Giants - I am wondering what's cool to do besides eat bbq?

Cynthia from Overland Park

If you like sports, check the schedule for the Kansas City Chiefs or Sporting KC.  If you like art, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.  If you like jazz, the American Jazz Museum.  The Plaza Area should not be missed for places to see/shop and Power and Light District for night life.  Hope you have a great time!

1. Kansas City Chiefs (attraction)
  2. Sporting KC (attraction)
  3. Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (attraction)
  4. American Jazz Museum (restaurant)
  5. Plaza Area (attraction)
  6. Power and Light District (attraction)

Scott from Fort Collins

Hello Kelly.  I thought of a few things to supplement my wife's list in Kansas City (Missouri).  A few other interesting things to see are the American Jazz Museum, the National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial, the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum, and the Harry S. Truman Library.  There are also many restaurants and bars in the Power and Light District, and Midtown - Westport.

The Plaza Area is full of restaurants and shopping and constructed to make it feel like a Spanish Mediterranean city, lots of fountains too.  There is an excellent World War II Memorial and the Kansas City Zoo is great!  Also, The College Basketball Experience (CBE) is downtown.

I travel to KC for work a lot as well.  I stay in the Overland Park area-tons of restaurants and great shopping as well.

1. Plaza Area (attraction)
  2. World War II Memorial (attraction)
  3. Kansas City Zoo (attraction)
  4. The College Basketball Experience (CBE) (attraction)
  5. Overland Park (city)

Anicia from Newark (Delaware)

Check out the Power and Light District tons of bars, shopping and restaurants.

1. Power and Light District (attraction)

Michael from Leavenworth, Kansas

The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is amazing.  It have lots of levels to go see.  Going into the newest section is about an hour which is worth the trip if you only have an hour.

1. Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (attraction)