Courtney

Courtney from Los Angeles asked

Joshua Tree adventure

I'm thinking about including Joshua Tree in my summer staycation this year. I am NOT a nature person, so can someone point me in the right direction? I literally don't know where to start planning a trip there--no idea where to stay or what to do. Help! 

Joshua Tree National Park (California)

Trevor from Los Angeles

If you're definetly not a nature person, you might want to reconsider going to Joshua Tree. It's a very small town with the main draw being the beautiful Joshua Tree National Park (great for hiking and camping). Perhaps nearby Palm Springs is more in line with what you're looking for (spas, pools, golf, tennis, comfortable hotels, great restaurants...)

If you are set on Joshua Tree, then check out Hicksville Trailer Palace. It's a kitchy, cool, and super funky little gathering of refurbished tailers centered around a pool. For me, Joshua Tree is about finding a comfortable place to set up shop, cook your own food (no dressing up and going out to dinners here), relax, and enjoy the quiet of the deset. 

Courtney
Thanks so much, Trevor! I just feel as if I should see it since I've lived here so long--the trailer place sounds perfect--and like a really, really good way to be able to stay inside and still say I've been. I agree with you about PS, although I've been there quite a lot. Thanks again!