Nita
Thailand

Jordan, Iran, Petra, Amman, Tehran

Jordan or Iran in January

Has anyone been to Jordan in January? What's the weather like in Amman and Petra during then? I don't mind if it's a bit cold. But if it's extremely chilly or rainy and I won't be able to explore much, I should leave it for another time maybe? Thoughts? 

I also want to visit Tehran but have the same concerns about the weather. If you have been in January, please let me know if it's a brutal kind of cold. (Pardon the fear of extreme cold, I'm from the land where winters don't exist - Thailand!!)

D-Jan from Netherlands

I brought my wintercoat with me and wore layers last January. That way you are prepared for colder and warmer weather. We were quite lucky: sunshine all two days, but it was definately chilly. I am from the Netherlands so am perhaps a bit better adjusted to a colder climate I think. So bring some mittens and a shawl :-) One good thing about visiting in January is beating the crowds! It really is beautiful and that we were allmost the only ones at the sights (it really is quite extended) might have added to that mystic experience!

Shannon from New Jersey

Definitely a good time to visit Jordan! The weather should be warm enough that you would only need a light jacket during the day, though at night it can get very cold. I think the whole time I was there it only rained three times, and it hardly ever snows. I would say go for it and just bring a few layers! 

Rany from Austin, Texas

1. Iran (attraction)

mina from Tehran

Dear Nita, Iran is a four season country that means in any time of the year there are some cities to visit. of course Shiraz, with its Persian gardens is the most beautiful in spring but southern and central parts of iran are so beautiful with mild climate in january. i recommend you Qeshm, Yazd, Kerman and Tehran. also if you like adventure, i recommend you great ski resorts of Iran such as Dizin Ski Resort  in tehran. I live in Tehran so I can give you more information if you need, just send an email at mina.ghdr{at}gmail.com

here you can read more about southern Islands of iran if you'd like: 

https://www.1stquest.com/attractions/86/islands-of-qeshm

1. Shiraz (city)
  2. Qeshm (attraction)
  3. Yazd (attraction)
  4. Kerman (city)
  5. Tehran (attraction)
  6. Dizin Ski Resort (attraction)

mahmoud from Milwaukee

Hi. I am a resident of tehran, it may be too cold in January there and I think the weather in Jordan may be better in winter.

Sam

Temperate waters - good days at 10 - noon a little hot - is the perfect night