Last year I spent 7 nights in Jordan. 4 nights in Amman
, 1 night in Petra
and 2 nights in Wadi Rum.
Wadi Rum's red sand dunes, towering arches, and outstanding rock formations were utterly astounding. I also enjoyed staying at a Bedouin camp and trying the traditional Bedouin food, known as zarb - consisting of meat and veggies cooked underground. My visit to Wadi Rum was the highlight of the trip to Jordan.
Besides Wadi Rum, Petra and Amman, here are a few more places to visit:
- Jerash - to see the Roman ruins
- Dana Biosphere Reserve
- Mt Nebo - the place where Moses saw the Promised Land
- Madaba - to see the 6th-century mosaic map at St. George Church
- Wadi Mujib - a river canyon
I stayed in these places:
- Amman - Grand Hyatt Amman and Fairmont Amman
- Petra - Petra Moon Hotel
- Wadi Rum - Wadi Rum Bedouin Camp