Jessica
Georgetown (Malaysia)

Johannesburg, Cape Town

2 Cities in South Africa for 15 Days: What To Do?

Hello there! It's me again. This time, I'm solo travelling to Johannesburg and Cape Town to step foot on part of the African continent and need some advice on what to do. Here's kinda roughly what I have for now: 

Arrive in Johannesburg and whisked to a 6-day Safari camping trip to Kruger Park and its surroundings. My reason being I was told it's not "quite safe" to be all alone in JNB and that there's "not much to see around there". After that, I get about a day to explore JNB before heading off to Cape Town for the rest of my days. I have a list of what I think is worth doing while I'm there but I haven't worked out the kinks yet and would love for some input. 

Table Mountain (Hike / Cable Car) 

Boulder's Beach - Penguins 

Cape of Good Hope 

Cape Peninsula 

Shark Diving 

Robben Island / District Six (Museums) 

Winery 

Victoria & Alfred Waterfront 

I'm on a budget so some of my questions are: 

Should I stay in Cape Town city area for the duration of my stay and travel around for the activities above? 

How should I travel around, especially to the Peninsula? I've researched on MyCiti bus and metrorail but not sure if it's a surefire thing. 

Any good recommendations for the list of activities I have above in terms of great value deals? 

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. I'll be travelling from mid to end September and I hope the weather isn't too bad then.

Fredrik

Mycitibus is great, but doesn't go all the time. Use the bus when possible, take the Metro to Simon's Town (Boulders Beach) and drive for anything further - like Cape Point/Stellenbosch. Uber is a good alternative when you can't find a good local bus. For shark diviing, the operators can pick you up from CT, that goes with all activity operators. 

If you are on a tight budget I would skip shark cage diving. Think its more than R1500 these days

1. Simon's Town (attraction)
  2. Boulders Beach (attraction)
  3. Cape Point (attraction)
  4. Stellenbosch (city)