Trang
Da Nang

Japan, Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara

best attractions and food during family trip in japan

I will have an individual tour in Japan in 12 days, please advise the best places. Recomend the places in Tokyo, Kyoto, nara, osaka. This is a family trip. I would like to go the wonderful attactions, enjoy the special foods (for ex: the best sushi in Japan...)

Estimated budget per day: $200

Thanks so much

Mimi from Los Angeles

Hi!

The food in Japan is amazing and out of this world! Not to mention the people are so kind in Japan. It is definitely one of the best places I have traveled to. You and your family will have a great time! I went with a couple of friends to Tokyo, Nara, Kyoto, and Osaka in January and there are so much to see at each location. In Tokyo, you would want to check out the Tokyo Tower, known to be the "Eiffel tower" of Japan. I suggest going to Tokyo Ramen St in Tokyo Station. It was featured in "In the Mind of a Chef" on PBS with David Chang and Anthony Bourdain. Nara had amazing temples and an amazing deer park. I suggest booking a day tour to see Kyoto and Nara because they are close in proximity so you can kill two birds with one stone. Osaka has a lot of street food and great night market food. You need to see Osaka Castle, that's a must! The best sushi I had in Japan was on the top of the Imperial Hotel Osaka in Osaka. The fish was fresh and the rice was perfectly cooked. I hope that helped! Have fun! 

1. Tokyo (city)
  2. Nara (city)
  3. Kyoto (city)
  4. Osaka (city)
  5. Tokyo Tower (attraction)
  6. Tokyo Ramen St (restaurant)
  7. Tokyo Station (attraction)
  8. Osaka Castle (attraction)
  9. Imperial Hotel Osaka (hotel)

Aya from Tokyo

Try "taberogu". It's "Yelp" for Japanese (All in written in Japanese...) . If it's over 3.5, I experienced mostly very good. Besides. very specific but I personally like to go to "Itadori" (Itadori) located at Tsukiji Fish Market (The biggest fish market in Tokyo). It's reasonable price (Like less than 4000 yen for dinner) but still excellent seafood including Sushi.

1. Tsukiji Fish Market (neighborhood)
  2. Itadori (attraction)

vincent from London

you would probably enjoy going with your family at Oedo Onsen Monogatari Hot Springs in Tokyo. They have re created an old japanese village, and you can enjoy the onsen, dr fish, before having yakitori at the local isakaya!

1. Oedo Onsen Monogatari Hot Springs (attraction)

Emily from Brisbane

1. 海遊館 OSAKA AQUARIUM KAIYUKAN (JAPAN) (attraction)
  2. Himeji Castle (attraction)

Natsuki

welcome to Japan!!

in Osaka there are so many place to visit!

2month ago my swiss friend visited me and went around some place in Osaka.

for example Umeda Sky Building!

my friend enjoyed there. sun set time is really nice.

and if you like shopping, Grand Front Osaka is new big building!

about Sushi i like this restaurant Chayamachi Maguroya.

http://maguroya-nakatsu.jp/ sorry this is no english page.

if you like "tsuna" you can enjoy there...cheap and yum!

but this is "izakaya" so maybe for small kids it will be noisy and smokey.... i guess.

ive been here with my british host father.

http://r.gnavi.co.jp/k160151/lang/en/

there are english menu. so maybe good for you.

if you have a time,maybe you can enjoy Osaka Castle.

1. Umeda Sky Building (attraction)
  2. Grand Front Osaka (attraction)
  3. Chayamachi Maguroya (restaurant)
  4. Osaka Castle (attraction)