Luis
Mexico City

Luis from Mexico City asked

Recommendation of activities in Mt Fuji

Hi all, 

I'm going to travel around Japan during March and I'm staying a couple of days in Mount Fuji. However, I don't know which activities are the best for the said season and if it's better to book in advance some tours. 

Thanks for your help!

Japan

Rebecca from Manchester

Hi, there are all sorts around Mount Fuji to do including a fantastic glass museum and Buddhist temples. Take a look at a blog post I did about the area: http://bit.ly/1bI4mGk

Hakone Kamakura Yokohama

Luis
Thanks, Rebecca! Your post is really helpful. Will take a look at Hakone and Kamakura.

1. Mount Fuji (attraction)
  2. Hakone (city)
  3. Kamakura (city)
  4. Yokohama (city)
David from Hawthorne (California)

I would suggest a trip to the "Fuji Five Lakes" area around Mt. Fuji. You can get the world's best Udon in Fujiyoshida and stay at a beautiful ryokan near Lake Kawaguchi like Kogetsu Ryokan Yamanashi. Eat some Udon for lunch and then relax in the hot springs and gaze in amazement at Fuji-san. You'll love the in-room feast provided at the ryokan as well.