Susie
Boston

Japan, Taiwan

In early April, I'm planning to stay in Japan for 4 days & Taiwan for 5 days.

Last time, I stayed near Tokyo Station for 3 days and it was quiet and not many people.  I heard Shinjuku is great for shopping, food and nightlife. Is there night market in Tokyo?  I would like to checkout Okayama, Tokyo Tower, night market, cherry blossoms.

It's going to be my first time going to Taipei. I love street food!  

Nobuhito

In Tokyo night market is not common. Shinjukuis good or convenient for shopping, food and night life because it's one of the largest city in Japan but I think it's not so attractive for traveller. Which city is the best for you depends on what do you want to experience.

Night market in Taiwan is great!  

1. Shinjuku (metro area)

Rebecca from Manchester

Hi Susie, Japan doesn't really have night markets like other countries in SE Asia. However, there are some food stalls and bars are open all hours! If you want to be around young people and nightlife then stay in Shibuya as thats where a lot of the clubs and bars are.

Taiwan is also a great place to go and a lot can be covered in a few days. I have a bit of a blog about it to help you out http://bit.ly/1CXciQ5

1. Shibuya (metro area)

Duyen from Hội An

Taiwan is an amazing place. If you go on budget 2000 is not too bad. If you get there, don't miss these places:

Din Tai Fung Dumpling Houseoffers Taipei's best Shanghai-style dumpling. The New York Times once called it one of the 10 best restaurants in the world

San Hsi Tang Teahouse

Sanxitang Teahouse (三希堂) is a contemporary tea house located on the 4th floor of a prominent Taipei tourist attraction, the National Palace Museum

Hualien Cityis eastern Taiwan's second largest city and one of the more pleasant small towns in Taiwan.

北投麗禧溫泉酒店 Grand View Resort Beitou: Priced at NT2300 (approximately SGD $100) for a 90 minute experience at one of its private hot spring tub, it was certainly a high price to pay. But it's well worth a try. 

Taipei 101

Ruifang District, New Taipei City

Jiufen Old Street

Jiufen, also spelled Jiufen or Chiufen, is a mountain area in the Ruifang District of New Taipei City near Keelung, Taiwan.

This is my friend's itinerary in Taipei for 7 days, you can view it for a suggestion. 

Taipei in 7 days