Martin
Vasteras

Japan

Cherry blossoms in spring 2015

Hey all you Japan lovers! We are planning a trip to japan during march/april and wondering where to find the most stunning cherry blossom spots? 

Big thanks/M&M

Jennifer from Culver City

Where you go will actually depend on what’s blooming when. Here’s a chart to track the blooming season: http://www.jnto.go.jp/sakura/eng/index.php

I’d also make sure you plan out where you want to go based on which kind of blossom you like. Personally, I think I would try to see Kawazu or Tokyo, mostly because they always have Kwanzan blossoms which are my favorites (they’re the deep pink kind).

1. Kawazu (city)
  2. Tokyo (city)

Aerin from Santa Barbara

They are so pretty, Martin! You're going at the perfect time. 

Nagoya Castle has many weeping cherry blossom trees in the surrounding park.

Ueno Park in Tokyo is one of the more common spots to view cherry blossoms. It will definitely be crowded but worth it. I had a lot of fun here! 

Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden is another popular spot to view cherry trees (it's famous for them). 

Lastly, Mt Yoshino is said to be the best spot to view cherry blossoms in Japan. Look at that view: 

1. Nagoya Castle (attraction)
  2. Ueno Park (attraction)
  3. Tokyo (city)
  4. Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden (attraction)
  5. Mt Yoshino (attraction)