Alexander
Townsville

Japan

4 weeks in Japan; where will I find unique and unforgettable experiences?

Hi all! It will be my first time travelling EVER; I am going to Japan in January 2020 for four weeks, and would like to know what to do once there! I love both nature related things and fast-paced fun, and would like to put out the general question...

Where can I find unforgettable experiences in Japan? The kind of unique things I can only do or see there.

I have a decent budget - nothing crazy, but I can occasionally indulge, I am traveling more or less alone, I love city and nature settings equally, I love to meet new people (though I can not speak Japanese), and I LOVEEE food.

P.S. I would like to say that this is my first question on this website, so any advice on how to better pose a question, general travel tips, and anything a newbie might need to know would be MUCH appreciated!

C from London
its great that you're starting to plan already - gives you some time to earn a bit of Japanese (enough to read the alphabet perhaps AND to tell eople who you are).  Lots of on-line free places to do this give it 30 minutes a day and you'll be so much more confident.  Having it will be enough to meet people and that's where you're going to get some really unforgetable experiences.
You haven't said much about what you like but if pottery is your thing, Tokoname is full of potters and a real place.  Definitely stay in a ryokan (really good food, fascinating insights but more choice if you've got those few words of Japanese!).  I went over to the far west side with wonderful walking, great sake houses and you will be greeted with a curiousity and eagerness to share japanese life - if that's what you want. 
enjoy - that's a fabulous place to travel for your first time and 4 weeks will give you enough time to get a feel for it.  Enjoy