Valerie

Jakarta

Best free things to do in Jakarta?

I'm going to be in Jakarta next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Adnil from Medan, Indonesia

1. Monumen Nasional (MONAS) (attraction)
  2. Kota Kasablanka (attraction)
  3. Glodok (attraction)
  4. Menteng (attraction)

Oci from Jakarta, Indonesia

If you love outdoors, you can visit Taman Menteng, Taman Cattaleya, Ayodya Park, Taman Suropati or you can go to Monumen Nasional (MONAS). Around Monas, there's a nearby museums called Museum Gajah. Hope it's help you.

1. Taman Menteng (attraction)
  2. Taman Cattaleya (attraction)
  3. Ayodya Park (attraction)
  4. Taman Suropati (attraction)
  5. Monumen Nasional (MONAS) (attraction)

Achmad from Jakarta

You can visit many places among others Museum NasionalMonumen Nasional (MONAS) in Central Jakarta, or Taman Mini Indonesia Indah in East Jakarta.

1. Museum Nasional (attraction)
  2. Monumen Nasional (MONAS) (attraction)
  3. Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (attraction)

Joung from Jakarta

Free travel place can be visited on weekends is Ayodya Park in Barito, South Jakarta. The park was formerly included in the ornamental fish market area which is quite famous in Jakarta. But then this vast area transformed into a leafy park in the city center, complete with a pond and fountain in 2009.

Now, Ayodya Park is an alternative tourist destination residents of the capital, especially who want to taste the fun of the weekend, but do not want to shell out a lot of costs. Yes, Taman Ayodya present as one of the tourist destinations in Jakarta for free.

Go inside, you can stare at the green garden while sitting on a bench overlooking the garden. Taman Ayodya park also has a lake covering an area of 1,500 m2 in the middle

1. Ayodya Park (attraction)
  2. Ayodya Park (attraction)

Elno from Jakarta

Hi Valerie...

OK, I try to answer as far as I know

In Jakarta you can stay at around, Jalan Jaksa(Jaksa Street). It place on Center of Jakarta. Most tourist with tight budget, stay and hang out here. You won't feel like a stranger there ha ha...

For attraction or interesting place you can visit, luckily Jakarta has easy public transport than other cities in Indonesia. But don't compare it with your country. :)

You can go to:

Around Center of Jakarta, that isn't far from Jalan Jaksa, you can go to:

Shift from central Jakarta, west of Jakarta I think has some attractive places. Here the list:

If you take your journey by Commuter Line, you can stop at Stasiun Kota (This train station is has appealing architecture also). Stasiun Kota, Jl. Pintu Besar Utama

From Stasiun Kota, just walk across street you can visit Museum Bank Mandiri Museum Mandiri

Kota Tua (Old Town). Here you can find part of history of Jakarta where most of the building built in dutch colonialism era.

Mmhhh... What else..?

Ooo.. May be you want to visit theme park in Jakarta.. ? You can go to Ancol at North of Jakarta then you will find Dunia Fantasi (Dufan) Dunia Fantasi

For the first, I think it's enough for you to browse and get more information for those sites. I'll write down another site that you can visit on my next writing.

Bye..

1. Jalan Jaksa (attraction)
  3. Museum Nasional (attraction)
  4. Stasiun Kota, Jl. Pintu Besar Utama (attraction)
  5. Museum Mandiri (attraction)
  6. Dunia Fantasi (attraction)