Linda

Jacksonville, Savannah, Fernandina Beach

Passing through

Driving north from Miami Beach to Greenville SC. Most convenient place to stop with two small pets. Just an overnight. would like a good restaurant suggestion as well

Stylistically we;d prefern something 4-5 stars pet frendly

Chappy from Chatham, Massachusetts

Stop in Saint Augustine and take the time to drive over to the historic part of town. It's only 20 minutes off I-95. Then, if you want something sweet & delicious, stop at Crème de la Cocoa, a dessert shop by a Food Network pastry chef. It's incredible! I'm sure there is a Kimpton Inn around there as well.

1. Saint Augustine (city)
  2. Crème de la Cocoa (restaurant)

The halfway point between Miami Beach and Greenville is around Saint Marys and there is a pet friendly hotel (Riverview Hotel) there (they have cats) but it isn't a big fancy hotel - it's kind of old.  There is a restaurant there and there are lots of other places to eat in town - it is a nice historic small town but it is a little way off the interstate.  You could also go farther north to Brunswick or Kingsland or south at Fernandina Beach.  The most reasonable three star place that I found on the direct route in this area which is pet friendly (for an extra fee) was the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kingsland but they charge $35 per pet per night.  I have not stayed there, but I have stayed in the Hampton Inn in Hampton Inn Amelia Island also is pet friendly for a pet of less than 25 lbs and the require a $50 deposit.  

The Residence Inn is quite a way out on the beach - I haven't eaten in any restaurants out there.  Mostly when we visit we eat in town.  Most recently we ate at Timoti's which is very casual and is only open until 8 pm on weekdays and Saturday.  Have also eaten at Bretts (nice views) and the Marina Restaurant which is in an old historic building.  My sister and brother-in-law took us out to Kabuki Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi which is closer to where you are staying but they like sushi better than we do.