Nancy
San Diego

Jackson (Wyoming)

Best places to stay in Jackson, Wyo, under $200/night?

Hubs and I will be staying two nights at the end of Sept. in the Jackson/Grand Tetons area. Looking for a reasonably priced hotel/motel with a good bed!

Elizabeth from Boynton Beach

Nancy, I think it's over $200 a night at this time of year, but we were able to book this place Spring Creek Ranch for $170 a night in the off season. The views are incredible and the dining room fare was exceptional. We even splurged on taking a tour with the resident Naturalist who showed us over a dozen bird species, (he provided the binocs) wildlife and plants in a fun and interesting way on a two-hour tour of the Gros Ventre Wilderness area. (A beautiful preserved area filled with wildlife that we would never have discovered on our own.)

It's also right next door (with in walking distance) of this property: Amangani Resort. There's a bit of a difference in price--I think the rooms here start at $800 a night. I walked through their property and had a drink at the bar. Their views are over the top. But for the price difference, I'd bet on the ranch.

1. Spring Creek Ranch (restaurant)
  2. Gros Ventre Wilderness (hotel)
  3. Amangani Resort (hotel)