Peter
Siena

Italy, Sicily

luxury agriturismo's on sicily for summer holiday?

I want to experience authentic Italy, but in a place that offers modern comfort such as internet, TV, dishwasher, etc.

Possibility to have dinner is a must, since eating is the way to explore a destination and to get in contact with the locals.

Victoria from Riga

I am not sure what is the purpose of your stay in Sicily (or did you question where to stay or what to see/eat), but assume you go there to have an ultimate summer experience, I ll give you a list of my favorite beaches and more for you to plan your vacation. I usually plan my stay around the places I intend to frequent.

• Away from Palermo there are beaches of Cefalù - one of the most picturesque places in Italy with whitest sands. Strolling around the city, you will find a palace and church recalling the times of Normans and their legacy. Beaches there are not crowded at all.
  • I absolutely love staying in Taormina and beaches of Isola Bella.
  • Visit San Vito Lo Capo is a must. There is a natural reserve park there called Riserva Naturale dello Zingaro with one of the most beautiful beaches in Sicily. Just follow one of the paths towards the sea. Beast beaches are: Cala Marinella, Cala Beretta and Punta della Capreria.
  • Defitely go explore the islands. The sea is crystal clear around Lampedusa and you can reach Cala Pulcino - one of the most beautiful beaches with clear water and colored fish. Also visit Favignana island and its amazing beach Cala Rossa.
  • In general, all the  Aeolian Islands have cleaner beaches with less tourists. I recommend Forgia Vecchia in Stromboli.

Accomodation-wise I recommend exploring the inner part of the island, it is totally worth it, Italian Provence. Stay in Casa al Castello in Cannizzaro or in Agriturismo Canestanco in Santa Croce Camerina.

Peter, I am totally agree with you on eating/experience idea, so you must not miss these:
- When in Taormina visit San Domenico Palace Hotel restaurant with incredible views terrace. Order spaghetti vongole, saffron risotto and local tuna salad.

- in Catania book ahead one of the best fish restaurants Antica Marina (Via Pardo, 29, 95121 Catania), besides pescada, get anything pistacchio, especially cake.

- In Erice visit Ristorante La Pentolaccia (17, Via Guarnotta Gian Filippo, Erice). Ricotta souffle and any seafood pasta is a must!

- For ultimate winery tour or best cooking school here-> http://www.annatascalanza.com/

Hope this helps. V

1. Cefalù (attraction)
  2. Taormina (city)
  3. Isola Bella (park)
  4. San Vito Lo Capo (city)
  5. Riserva Naturale dello Zingaro (attraction)
  6. Lampedusa (city)
  7. Cala Pulcino (attraction)
  8. Favignana (attraction)
  9. Cala Rossa (attraction)
  10. Aeolian Islands (attraction)
  11. Forgia Vecchia (attraction)
  12. Stromboli (attraction)
  13. Casa al Castello (hotel)
  14. Cannizzaro (attraction)
  15. Santa Croce Camerina (city)
  16. San Domenico Palace Hotel (hotel)
  17. Catania (city)
  18. Antica Marina (restaurant)
  19. Erice (city)

giulia from Turin

Hi Peter

Madranova is the place which suited to your description. It's near  Agrigento http://www.mandranova.it/ perfect place to visit Sicily near  Scala Dei Turchi  (stunning beach) and temple of Agrigento, the resort id in Palma Di Montechiaro (the city of Gattopardo)

Mandranova it's a resort but also a place where a family (Silvia and Giuseppe) produce olive oil. Silvia cooks in a wonderfull way (and she teaches cooking as well). I'm vegetarian and my husband is not and she cooked for both without problem and in the summer night the guests eat in the patio, an amazing place

Or another part of Sicily  Noto in Masseria Degli Ulivi, great atmosphere too, and again you have your privicy but you could also share moments and dinner with or glass of wine in the the amazing gardens with others. And it's a little bit luxury but also very local

http://www.masseriadegliulivi.com

1. Agrigento (attraction)
  2. Noto (city)
  3. Scala Dei Turchi (attraction)
  4. Palma Di Montechiaro (attraction)
  5. Mandranova (hotel)
  6. Masseria Degli Ulivi (hotel)

Esther from Tel Aviv

You are right about eating with the locals but unfortunately I can't help you since i have never been to Sicily. i have some close friends who have and they all loved it! Have a great time. 

Massimiliano from Lago Di Garda

The best agriturismo is Agriturismo Masseria Sul Mare, in Avola a few km from Siracusa

1. Agriturismo Masseria Sul Mare (restaurant)