Diana
Washington, DC

Diana from Washington, DC asked

Where can I find the best pizza in Italy?

I'm studying abroad in Florence next year!  Since I'll be there for a few months, I definitely want to take trips to other parts.  Not sure where to go yet, but I thought following my taste buds would be a good start.  I love pizza, so I want to know where I can find the best pizza in those parts!

Italy   Florence (Italy)

Anna from Naples

This is easy: in Naples. People who tell you otherwise have never tasted pizza in Naples. I swear. Moreover, the prices are really cheap (I mean, you could pay less than 10 euros to sit in a pizzeria, have pizza and something to drink and then leave) and it's absolutely delicious. 

Give Naples a chance!

Anna
and by "have pizza" I meant "a huge, mouthwatering, ingredient oozing pizza" :D

Diana
Mmmmm, thank you!

Amanda
Anna, We are heading to Napoli in two weeks. What Pizza place(s) would you suggest for the BEST?

1. Naples (city)
Staci from Cleveland

Oh my goodness you're going to LOVE the pizza in Italy. Go to Naples for sure. If you can get down to Sicily, I recommend trying some Sicilian pizza. I had an amazingly giant pizza in Radda in Chianti that I couldn't get enough of at a place called Pizza Pie. If you get pizza in Rome I recommend going somewhere away from tourist destinations. The food isn't as fresh as it is in other places of the country that are less touristy. 

Everywhere I traveled had great food. Other than the places I already listed, I went to LipariCapri, ItalyAmalfiPositanoRavelloFlorenceVenice and Milan.

You really can't go wrong with the food in Italy. You'll fall in love with Florence and never want to leave, too. Best of luck! 

Diana
That looks SO GOOD! Thank you!

1. Naples (city)
  2. Sicily (island)
  3. Radda in Chianti (city)
  5. Lipari (city)
  6. Capri, Italy (attraction)
  7. Amalfi (city)
  8. Positano (city)
  9. Ravello (city)
  12. Milan (city)
Mike from Minnesota

In Bologna, go to Pizzeria da Ciro you’ll love it! — To get there, you have to walk through a creepy alley, but then you find this lovely spot that lights up the night with its spectacular pizza crust, its many, many options, its blast-furnace pizza oven, its attentive proprietor, and its wonderful ambience.

Find Ciro’s at Via Dè Gessi, 5

1. Pizzeria da Ciro (restaurant)
nycolas from Florence

You have to try Il Pizzaiuolo

Diana
Thank you!

1. Il Pizzaiuolo (restaurant)
John from Carlsbad (California)

Diana

1. Naples (city)