Gita
Mumbai

Gita from Mumbai asked

Is there rain in the month of April in Italy?

I'm planning to visit Italy in the month of April 2016, would it be raining? If so, would it rain all month or a few days here and there?

Thank you

Italy   Rome (Italy)   Sicily (Italy)   Florence (Italy)   Venice (Italy)   Naples (Italy)

alessandro from Asciano

Buongiorno Gita

Depending, in the center of Italy in Tuscany there are nice days, but you can find always something to do with rain, too

regards and welcome to Italy

Alessandro Draghi

Gita
Buongiorno Alessandro That sounds very promising, I'll save the museums for the rainy days as suggested by someone else.

1. Tuscany (state)

It does rain in April, we had pretty heavy downpours when we were in Rome and Milan but generally speaking it never really rained for a WHOLE day. Make sure you have some waterproof shoes and a small umbrella that you can keep in your purse just in case. Museums are a great way to spend rainy days!

Gita
Got it! Thanks a lot :)

Krista from San Francisco

Hi Gita,

It really depends which part of Italy you're visiting. Rain isn't typical in the Rome region in April which make it a popular time for tourists to visit, but weather patterns can be crazy and change quickly. Practically speaking, it's a good month to plan a trip. I can't speak for the rest of Italy, but some research should yield typical patterns/climates. :)

Good luck!

Gita
Hi Krista, I'm going all over Italy; Venice, Florence, Rome, Naples, Sicily so inland and coastal, North, Central and South as well, that's why I was interested in the entire country as I'm leaving myself time to go to the unplanned places as well. As you're saying that weather tends to change quickly, I realise that this could be the reason why I got conflicting information on various weather and tourist information sites I checked. Thanks a lot.

teresa

Where in Italy? From North to South Italy is long more then 1000km. From Alps to Sicily the climate is different. In any case April is spring time and the season start to be mild

Gita
Hi Teresa, Thanks for responding. Yes, I know it sounds silly to ask such a question, I feel similarly when someone asks that about India and that's why I put the names of places, I will be visiting, above the question in the "Locations" field, they are Rome, Naples, Sicily, Florence and Venice.

teresa
Hi Gita, Rome Naples Florence mild wheather, Sicily very nice climate, Venice is a little more fresh. I hope you will have a very nice holiday. If you need more information, I live in Rome

Adriano from Palermo, Italy

In Italy we use to say April is crazy! In fact there are a lot of chance that it will rain but it isn't really predictable. For sure May is a more reliable month. Also the southern Italy is a lot more sunny than the north.