Maria
Dublin

Italy, Rome

How to get from Fiuggi to Subiaco in Italy?

My aunt is about to embark on a trip to Rome and is based in Fiuggi for a week. She would like to visit Subiaco and especially the monasteries, just outside the town. Is there a way to get there without hiring a car as she is nervous about driving in Lazio.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Kelly from Rome

Hi Maria, There is no train going to Subiaco (I have been there many times and it is a wonderful place to visit!)

She needs to take a bus such as COTRAL. Here is a link to where you can find that schedule. In the "DA" box type Fiuggi and "A" Subiaco and it will give you the schedule. These buses only run during the day and are often reduced on Sunday, so be aware of that.

Then if she needs to go to Rome, there is a train from Fiuggi or a bus from Subiaco. Here is a link to that schedule for the train from Fiuggi to Rome's Termini Station.

I don't have a car either (I live in Rome) and hate driving, so I can relate! 

Kelly

1. Subiaco (attraction)
  3. Fiuggi (city)

Samia from Bangladesh

I usually check out sites like - www.goeuro.com

or, www.Rome2rio.com

Regional trains should be okay, just validate with the yellow boxes! 

Sara from Vienna

She can take the metropolitane (metro) or use the bus system! Both are reliable. Make sure she buys tickets before getting on and to get them validated once she is on the metro or bus. There is a fine for tickets that are not validated.