Sejal
Amravati

Italy, Rome, Florence, Sicily

Honeymoon in last week of January in Italy

Hi all! I am planning a honeymoon to Italy in the last week of January, I am looking for options available.

I have thought of Rome, Florence and Sicily.

Please give me options for fun things to do for honeymooners, places to visit, night clubs, shopping places, sightseeing etc.

Would the weather be very gloomy during that time?

Jaleh from Baltimore

I was in Rome mid-December and it was just becoming cool enough to require a jacket, and maybe a scarf. I think it really depends on what you consider "freezing." As someone who lives on the east coast of the US, my tolerance for the cold is much higher than most of my friends from Southern California. If you do decide on Rome some must-see things include Piazza NavonaRoman Forum, and Pantheon. If you like art, there are a number of churches that you should visit, including the ones in Piazza del Popolo. The art museums are also great, but the churches are a cheaper option to see some amazing pieces. I also love the St Maria Sopra Minerva Basilica which has some great artwork inside and one of my favorite Bernini's outside. As far as food goes, there are a number of fantastic restaurants in Rome, but make sure you don't eat on any of the restaurants right along a piazza or right next to the major attractions- that's where you get ripped off the most. For lunch, I love Alice Pizza and any of the alimentari that can make a great sandwich. I also recommend Frigidarium.

2. Piazza Navona (attraction)
  3. Roman Forum (attraction)
  4. Pantheon (attraction)
  5. Piazza del Popolo (attraction)
  6. St Maria Sopra Minerva Basilica (attraction)
  7. Alice Pizza (restaurant)
  8. Frigidarium (attraction)

Kathy from Wilmington

I would agree with adding Venice to your trip.  Great place and very fun/manageable.  Check to see when carnival is (we've been twice and it's a blast!  Hotels in Venicw Ca' Sagredo Hotel.  Hotel in Florence Palazzo Magnani Feroni.  both are romantic and excellent.  It will be cold so plan on warm coats and boots for walking 

2. Ca' Sagredo Hotel (hotel)
  3. Palazzo Magnani Feroni (hotel)

Aunt

Venice is the most romantic place on earth, IMHO!