Toni

Italy

Has anyone taken a cooking class in Italy?

Hello!  My husband and I are taking our honeymoon in Italy going to Venice, Florence, Rome, Pompeii and Positano.  We would love to take a cooking class at some point.  I have found a few online, but thought it might be nice to hear from someone who may have taken one.

Thank you!

Ian

Hi we recently did a tour of Southern Italy and wanted to take a cooking class and a wine tour. We found great place also a small hotel called Palazzo Tronconi winery in Arce, we booked a 3 day package with them. In an 18th Century Palazzo we learnt to cook a four course traditional meal - it was delicious and so much fun.  The owner has a vineyard so took us on personal tour, it was stunning and the wine was good too. We were also taken out on a trip to a pretty fishing village and beach Sperlonga. The whole experience was very personal, it was a real one off holiday, off the tourist trail. 

1. Palazzo Tronconi winery (restaurant)
  2. Arce (attraction)
  3. Sperlonga (city)

Linda from Pittsburgh

Our friends took one in Amalfi when we were there together. They said it was awesome. I think they arranged it through the hotel.

Roberta from Reggio di Calabria

Hi Toni!

This is a great idea for me! In Italy is very beautiful to learn how people use to cook, it's an art and we're proud of this.

I've found this website where there are special cooking classes with also activities around the class (food shopping at the market, the visit of a neighbourhood, or various tastings..), so read very well every activity because each hides something particular :)

I've tried an experience in Florence with also the shopping at the famous San Lorenzo Market! Then we've a lunch with the products and recipes we've cooked before. It was an unforgettable experience, although I'm italian. But in Florence I've heard that Anna Bini is a special chef that makes you feel at ease, and the value of her experiences is high, even though they are expensive. If you surf on the website, in the section experiences you'll find other cooking classes, based on handmade pasta, pizza, gelato, full lunches, desserts...

The website helps you to find your accommodation and organize your trip in Tuscany.

Hope I've been helpful!

Roberta

1. Tuscany (state)