Meredith

Meredith from New York City asked

Great Agritourismo B&B's with cooking classes in Tuscan countryside?

I am looking for a very hospitable, authentic Tuscan experience where we can take cooking classes and have a great relaxing experience.  Two early 30s friends traveling, so not looking for any family-centric places.  Would love for it to be a working vineyard, but farm is great too. 

Italy   Tuscany

Giorgia from Padua, Italy

Hi Meredith!

I've been in Province of Florence last year and I can suggest you this very useful website where I booked the B&B but also many experiences, as cooking class or vineyards tour! If you're looking for new experiences you should have a look.. It helped me a lot!

Have a nice holiday!

Meredith
thanks! My trip has passed but this is a great site I can't wait to go back and use this!

1. Province of Florence (metro area)
Adina from Bucharest

Hi Meredith,

Did you manage to find something great? I know a couple of locals from Italy and I can put you in contact with them. For example, one of them from Chianti area runs a wine business for a long time. There you can see from the moment grapes are picked, then the whole process of turning them into wine, you can blend diffferent types of grapes and make your own customized bottle to take home as a souvenir. 

Here you can check it: https://spoty.com/vacations/italy/wine-making-experience-in-chianti-area?

For cooking classes this is one great option. Learn how to make pasta and more based on Grandfather Rocco’s life philosophy. Here is some examples of worskhops you could join: from the olive to the oil, from flour to the dough and much more. https://spoty.com/vacations/italy/learning-how-to-cook-like-a-local-from-puglia

For a cooking class in the urban area, then I would recommend Francesca. She is really good at this, you can be the only ones attending this course, she will encourage you to take pictures of every step and at the end you will get the recipes via emails. How does it sound? https://spoty.com/vacations/italy/italian-food-experience?

Meredith
this is great, my trip already came and went but I will definitely put on my list for next time!

Katherine

Just my kind of trip! Check out Riserva di Fizzano Residence. I've been there twice and can't wait to go again. Just Google it. It's wonderful!

Kristal from San Francisco

Hi Meredith, 

I don't know if you'll actually find it on an agritourismo website, but I loved my stay at Castello Delle Quattro Torra. They have a family restaurant which provides all natural ingredients with most things made in house. They grow grapes and olive oil at the B&B and bottle it for sale. The views from this castle are amazing - rolling hills of tuscany from every angle. They provide breakfast and great hospitality. I would highly recommend it!

alessandro from Asciano

Ciao Meredith

in Tuscany at agroturismo Il Molinello they organized cooking classes, too.

have a nice time in Italy

regards

Alessandro

1. Il Molinello (hotel)
Sara from Florence

Hi Meredith!
There is the Monsignor della Casa Country Resort (their website) resort which is really amazing. They have  swimming pools, sport and enogatronomic activities, and Tuscan cooking classes! I worked there for a while and it was great.. Maybe expensive but worth every penny.

Or here i found a list of agriturismi with cooking classes, check it out

http://www.agriturismo.it/it/agriturismi/speciale/agriturismi-con-corsi-di-cucina

Ciao

alessandro from Asciano

Ciao

at Asciano there is nice farmhouse and they organize the cooking classes, too

take a look www.molinello.com

regards and have a nice time in Italy

alessandro