Maria

Italy, Tenerife

Golfing in Italy good in February?

I want to escape England in February to play golf and have been considering Italy and the Golf Club Biella but I am worried it might be too out of season to golf. According to a golfing destination guide, the playable months in Italy are September to October but I was wondering if anyone knew whether it would still be good conditions to play in Feb. Or if there a better out of season destination - maybe Tenerife? I am looking for somewhere in Europe but don't really have a budget so am happy to spend up to £2000. Any advice would be great as all my local golf courses are flooded!

Beth from Israel

I wouldn't risk it, especially if this is something you plan on booking a few months ahead of time. The weather isn't stable during that time and can be great and sunny but also snowy and rainy. Last time I planned to visit the mask festival in Venice, I arrived in Rome to find that there was a sudden storm and the entire city was flooded (last February). September-October are definitely great months (July-August can be way too hot) but after that it rains on and off until about spring.

If you're not looking to fly very far, consider Israel. I don't know about golf but as far as the weather is concerned, it's mostly sunny. Even if there's a storm or rain, it usually doesn't last more than a day or two. I think it's a 5 or 6 hour flight from London. http://www.worldgolf.com/courses/israel/ 

Elena from Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovskaya Oblast', Russia

Hello! I don´t know a lot about Italy, but Tenerife is really cool for golfers and your are sure to have the best weather then anywhere in Europe. Take a  look at Amarilla Golf & Country Club, Centro de Golf Los Palos and Golf del Sur, they are not so expansive as Golf Costa Adeje or The Ritz-Carlton, Abama.

1. Amarilla Golf & Country Club (attraction)
  2. Centro de Golf Los Palos (attraction)
  3. Golf del Sur (city)
  4. Golf Costa Adeje (hotel)
  5. The Ritz-Carlton, Abama (hotel)

Alessia from Italy

February in Italy is always very cold. I live here and I can tell you it's snowy in that period, i'm sorry.