joan
United States

Italy, Padua, Treviso

Any favorite places to stay in Padua or Treviso?

We are planning to stay in Padua or Treviso, then take a day trip into Venice. Has anyone does this? Where were your favorite places to stay?

Elena from Melbourne

I think they are both great places to stay, but I personally prefer Padua, becausw there is more to do. The Cappella degli Scrovegni is a masterpiece by Giotto and of Italian art in general. Make sure to book in advance as the tickets are limited. I also love Piazza delle Erbe and its atmosphere. Finally make sure to have a spritz cocktail for aperitivo, it's like happy hour drinks with lots of mini tapas food served from 630pm onwards in many bars (just before dinner time). I can't recommend any hotel as when I was there I stayed at some friends.

1. Padua (city)
  2. Cappella degli Scrovegni (attraction)
  3. Piazza delle Erbe (attraction)

Antonietta from Legnano

Definitely, I would recommend Padua (Padova). There you can visit Chiesa Sant'Antonio di Padova cathedral, the amazing Cappella degli Scrovegni chapel. It's easy to reach Venice by train. But, if you are planning to include a wine-trip in you holiday's plan, Treviso is the right choice. At the end, it depend on the kind of trip you are planning. If you are looking for culture, choose Padova. If you are looking at food and wine, Treviso is your choice. Cheers

1. Padua (city)
  2. Padova (attraction)
  3. Chiesa Sant'Antonio di Padova (attraction)
  4. Cappella degli Scrovegni (attraction)
  6. Treviso (city)