Elena
Galati

Elena from Galati asked

taxi app for turkey

Do you know of some taxi app in Istanbul/Turkey to avoid bargaining and fake taxis ?

Cheers,
Elena

Istanbul

Leeann from Istanbul

There is BiTaksi and Uber. Both reliable with BiTaksi probably having more/faster access to cars.

Atakan from Berryville, Virginia

BiTaksi is the app to download. Here is a link to their website: http://www.bitaksi.com/en/

Ahmad from Ankara

Hi, Elena! 

The yellow cabs in Istanbulusually rip you off a lot. There are bunch of apps, but the most commonly used it Uber. 

You can also look into BiTaksi, however, my experience with Uber has been nothing short of SUPERB. Furthermore, the latter is in Turkish, as far as I know, and, usually not too foreigner friendly. As far as my experience goes, Uber drivers are super friendly, and know English, or, partial English, at least! 

Good luck! 
Istanbul is one of my favorite cities and I really hope you enjoy your stay there! =D 

1. Istanbul (city)
Müge from Istanbul

it is called BiTaksi. You can turn on location, choose the payment type and call the taxi. you can also choose english as apps language