Ernest
Hong Kong

Istanbul

Which bank should I open an account with for 4 months?

I'm going to be an exchange student in Istanbul for 1 semester and want to open a local bank account to store my money. Any advice on which bank to choose? I'm looking for just a basic account to store and withdraw money with a debit card. Preferably, the bank would have many atm locations, and locations in/near Bogazici University.

Fatih from Istanbul, Istanbul

You can open an account from Türkiye İş Bankası. It have many ATM in every city of Turkey

Erdem from Istanbul

You can use Enpara. Enpara is a bank without any branches. It works over the Internet and because of that they do not charge you with any fees. They are a subsidiary of Finansbank. They use the ATMs of that bank. So when you need to see a teller in person for monetary transactions they direct you to Finansbank branches.  Other than that all the banks are the same. I've also listed the banks that are relatively big. Among those I would suggest Garanti.(Because in my opinion they do better customer relationship management. ) 

1. Garanti Bankası (attraction)
  2. İş Bankası (attraction)
  3. Akbank (attraction)
  4. Yapi Kredi (attraction)

Orçun from Manisa

Garanti Bankası is best option because of its online supremecy.

1. Garanti Bankası (attraction)

Ozgur from Istanbul

I would recommend the Garanti Bankası. Because, ATM are easily accessible.

1. Garanti Bankası (attraction)

vehbi from Istanbul

Any fomous bank would be ok for you which they have many atm^s even at downtowns, like yapı kredi, is bank, garanti etc..