Camille

Istanbul

Where to stay for a romantic trip in Istanbul?

I plan to go to Istanbul in October with my boyfriend. We are 35 years old. What district should we choose for a romantic week-end? Any hotels to recommend me? Thanks in advance!

Caroline

Missy from Newport

Hi, I think you should definitely stay in "Old Town" Istanbul, where most of what you want to see and do is within walking distance, including the Grand and Spice Bazaar. It is a lovely area, and the center of historic Istanbul.  For overnight accommodations, I really like the Sultanahamet Palace Hotel, a small boutique hotel.  It is a mid range priced hotel, that I think is very well priced for a deluxe hotel, perfect for a romantic weekend, and right next to the Blue Mosque.

1. Istanbul (city)

Eda

I would not stay in Sultanahmet area for a romantic stay.

Consider the hotels by the Bosphorus for a romantic stay.

You can check out the hotels I recommend here Istanbulite Travel Agency

Let me know if I can help.

Best

1. Bosphorus (attraction)
  2. Istanbulite Travel Agency (attraction)

Missy from Newport

I think you will really enjoy being in the Old City.  But honestly, I always stay at Sultanahmet Palace Hotel.  The location is excellent, there is a roof top terrace for Breakfast with a great view.  The rooms are very clean, great staff, reasonable transfer rates between the hotel and airport in the hotel van, a Turkish Haman is built into the bathroom of at least the Deluxe Rooms, (I think), but most importantly for me, cleanliness, space, location, WIFI, and modern PLUMBING.  So, I have no other recommendation, sorry.  I have had issues with more "design" boutique hotels in the Old City, that may be very cute and unique but also have old and unique plumbing.  I have heard of other design boutique hotels that people like in other parts of the city, outside of the Old City, but have never stayed in them, as I find Old City to be so convenient. So, other than a top 5 star hotels in Old City, as other hotels in the Old City can be somewhat hit or miss on "conveniences", which is an issue in any worldwide "Old City" several millenniums old, I always stay and recommend to my clients to book themselves into the Sultanahamet Palace. (Disclosure:  I am a Yacht Charter Broker, and not a Travel Agent- so I only provide a recommendation for hotels from my experience, but have always had clients give a good report on this hotel).

1. Sultanahmet Palace Hotel (hotel)

Murat from Istanbul

Prince Islands can be a good option for you. Silent and beautiful. There is no car. Everywhere is forests and old mansions covered by the sea.

1. Prince Islands (attraction)