Moh

Istanbul, Antalya

Route trip from Antalya to Istanbul

Hi Antalyans, Istanbulians and Turkey lovers :)

Booked my trip to Antalya and my return trip from Istanbul back home. The duration is 10 days.

Qm planning to stay in Antalya then have a road trip by public transportation to Istanbul.  For sure not one shot to Istanbul as I prefer visiting and seeing some cities between.

I would like to ask you for your advices to fill my Have-To-Do list :

- In Antalya 

- In Istanbul 

- Cities between Antalya to Istanbul 

- How are the public transportation? Is there specific Application specifies the routes, bus #...etc

- Any other advices will be moooost welcome.

The big title for this trip is "Having Fun"

So we are open for any suggestions. 

Charmaine from St. Louis

Most towns along the Aegean Sea coast from Antalya to Bodrum will have one or more "blue voyage" services--which provide a day trip on the water.  The purpose is to relax, swim in the clear water, and snooze in the sun in an un-peopled little cove.  Bring sun protection. Most of these trips are small businesses and may provide lunch, towels, water bottles--ask so you know what to bring.  The crews are friendly and your fellow passengers are just as likely to be Turkish families on vacation as foreign tourists.  

1. Aegean Sea (attraction)
  2. Antalya (attraction)
  3. Bodrum (attraction)

From Antalya I would suggest you head west and stop in places such as KaşDemre Ölüdeniz and BodrumIzmir is one of my personal favourites in Turkey. Big city by the sea with a good vibe and a vibrant nightlife. You can take the train and ferry from Izmir to Istanbul, but taking the train from Izmir to Bandirma, where you have a ferry across the Marmara Sea. I have a description and some photos from that journey on this link: https://travellingclaus.com/istanbul-to-izmir-the-alternative-way/. Have a fantastic trip to Turkey.

1. Antalya (attraction)
  2. Kaş (attraction)
  3. Demre (city)
  4. Ölüdeniz (attraction)
  5. Bodrum (attraction)
  6. Izmir (city)
  7. Istanbul (city)
  8. Bandirma (attraction)