Michael
Plano

Michael from Plano asked

Process for getting a Visa to go to Turkey?

We are traveling to Istanbul in August. I know that we will need a Visa. We have filled out the online application ($20) but have never received the email needed to verify our application. Is there another way to get the Visa? Am I doing something wrong in the process of filling out the application? (There is never an error message, it just does not work) Please let me know what I need to do.

Istanbul

Leeann from Istanbul

Have you paid anything yet? Has your credit card been charged? Have you checked your spam inbox?

Hard to know if you're doing anything wrong without being with you but the online process should work smoothly and once payment is received the visa is sent direct to your inbox - usually a 10 minute process.

If your credit card has been charged contact the department as per the website to ask what the problem is. They were selling visas at the airports but not sure if this has been phased out.

Michael
I have not paid anything yet. I can not get that far in the process. I have checked my Spam. I have tried the process 4 or 5 times without any response in return. We never get the email that allows us to continue.

Leeann
Hummmm very strange. You could try a different browser. Or just contact the department direct with your difficulties. Or leave it a few days - maybe there is a glitch in the system.

Umur from Istanbul

Dear Michael, as far as I know, you can easily apply and get the required visa just before you enter the police/passport control. Online application thing is all about saving time, it is not an obligation. So don't worry we will let you in anyway :) If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask, have a good holiday, Umur,Istanbul.

Missy from Newport

Hi, the visa can also be purchased at any point of entry to Turkey.  If you do not receive the visa in advance, just look for the visa kiosk at the airport or ferry terminal, before you go through customs.  Pay for the visa, and have the visa stamped into your passport and then proceed to customs.  The visa kiosks will usually accept USD, Euro, or Turkish Lire.  I was just in Turkey in May, we entered by ferry from Rhodes, Greece and paid EUR for the visa at the visa Kiosk before customs at the ferry terminal.  I hope this helps.

1. Turkey (attraction)
  2. Rhodes (city)