JoJo

Istanbul

Minimoon in August, what should we do?

I will be heading to my minimoon in Istanbul in August 2015. My fiance and I love the outdoors and walking, and appreciate modern/chic dining experiences. What sites are must-see? What restaurants and clubs are must-experience? 

Yuksel from Kuşadası

You sould visit Sultanahmet neighborhood where many of the city’s finest architectural legacies and landmarks are found. Visit the Blue Mosque and museums of Hagia Sophia and Topkapı Sarayı, as well as Istanbul Hippodrome, the sunken palace of Basilica Cistern and the dazzling Grand Bazaar, Galata Tower, egyptian market, Istiklal Avenue, Taksim Square, Dolmabahçe Palace( the last palace of Otomans) . You can take a dinner cruise, Turkish night…Eat with the view of Bosphorus (at Galata Tower)

I hope you will have a great time in Istanbul 

Take care

1. Sultanahmet (neighborhood)
  2. Blue Mosque (attraction)
  3. Hagia Sophia (attraction)
  4. Topkapı Sarayı (attraction)
  5. Basilica Cistern (attraction)
  6. Grand Bazaar (attraction)
  7. Galata Tower (attraction)
  8. Istiklal Avenue (attraction)
  9. Taksim Square (neighborhood)
  10. Dolmabahçe Palace (attraction)

Gözde from Istanbul

Istanbul is such a big city spread over a wide area with too many places to see, tastes to enjoy and activities to experience. If you are going to be in the city for a short term and not interested in the old city part, I would suggest making a decision between the neighbourhoods and as a local my offers would be Nişantaşı Ihlamur Cd, Bosphorus route on the european side and Beyoğlu.

Nişantaşıis the perfect choice if you want to enjoy a modern/chic neighborhood with so many restaurants and luxurious shops.

Bosphorus route on the european side, especially between Arnavutköy Bebek Cd and Yenikoy Iskelesiis my favorite walking route to see, breathe and enjoy the city. You can stop at Muzedechanga, located in Emirgan inside Sabancı Museum, for creative tastes of Mediterranean cuisine. Great location for a special occasion. 

To see the diversity of the city, Beyoğlu is great! Walking along the Istiklal Street with no traffic of cars but high amounts of people, you can enjoy the beautiful architecture of old buildings. On the same street, Leb-i Derya is a rooftop restaurant with a magnificent view and good food. It is also a great place for a drink before or after dinner. A few minutes walk away from the restaurant, you can have a photograph taken with Ottoman period costumes at GİYÇEK Nostalgic Photography Studio as an unique experience in Galata.

1. Nişantaşı Ihlamur Cd (attraction)
  2. Beyoğlu (neighborhood)
  3. Arnavutköy Bebek Cd (attraction)
  4. Yenikoy Iskelesi (attraction)
  5. Muzedechanga (restaurant)
  6. GİYÇEK Nostalgic Photography Studio (attraction)

John

On clubs forget it from me. One restaurant I enjoyed was Simdi Cafe off Istiklal.Galata Balik on the Galata Bridge wasn't bad.If you like beer you'll get a kick out of The BosphorusBosphorus Brewing Company.Do take a Bosphorous cruise.Go to Basilica Cistern its weird but interesting.Obviously go to Hagia Sophia and the Sultan Ahmet Cami(Blue Mosque).Don't worry if you miss Grand Bazaar orTopkapi Palace- both are worthwhile but if you have limited time I wouldn't prioritize these.Do go to Spice Bazaar sometimes called the Egyptian Market.

1. Simdi Cafe (restaurant)
  2. Galata Balik (attraction)
  3. The Bosphorus (attraction)
  4. Basilica Cistern (attraction)
  5. Hagia Sophia (attraction)
  6. Sultan Ahmet Cami (attraction)
  7. Grand Bazaar (attraction)
  8. Topkapi Palace (attraction)
  9. Spice Bazaar (attraction)

Jacqui from London

Oh! So many things to do and see in Istanbul! What a wonderful place! 

You will discover the most by simply walking around and soaking it all in. But to get you started, here are a few things not to miss: http://www.neverendinghoneymoon.net/istanbul/ 

Jacqui 

1. Istanbul (city)

ned from Istanbul

Top places to experience chic dining in Istanbul: Sunset Grill & Bar, Ulus 29, some of the restaurants at Reina, all of them have amazing view to the Bosphorus and unique ambiance. You can book in advance via their websites as far as i know.

Bosphorus route on the European side between Arnavutköy Bebek Cd and Yeniköy Mh. is a great walking route to enjoy beautiful scenery and the spirit of the city. On the road you can stop for a cup of coffee or lunch at Bebek which is one of the posh districts in Istanbul.

Enjoy your trip!

1. Sunset Grill & Bar (restaurant)
  2. Ulus 29 (restaurant)
  3. Reina (attraction)
  4. Arnavutköy Bebek Cd (attraction)
  5. Yeniköy Mh. (neighborhood)
  6. Bebek (attraction)