Kate
Ohio

Ireland

What are your Ireland must see/do?

My husband and I are mapping out our August trip to Ireland. I  curious as to what you all consider must sees and must do. 

Ross from Fort Collins

Bridges of Ross

The Cliffs of MoherCork

and then pick a small village of your choice and do nothing but drink Guinness! 

1. Cliffs of Moher (attraction)
  2. Cork (city)
  3. Bridges of Ross (attraction)

Sally from Los Angeles

I highly recommend doing 3 or so days on the west coast of Ireland, particularly in and around Galway (the third largest city after Cork & Dublin!)

Galway City is really cute with lots of local shops, bars, music, and restaurants. Definitely eat at Ard Bia at Nimmos and McDonagh's . McCambridge's Of Galway Ltd scoops Murphys Ice cream which is the best in Ireland. If you like tea, Cupan Tae is an adorable tea shop. The Claddagh region is great as well - there are lots of shops with the traditional ring, and it was developed in the Galway region. The Spanish Arch and The Docks are gorgeous to walk around on a sunny day. 

Salthill is beautiful for a walk around the beach and to see the boats that are sometimes out and and about. 

For day trips, I'd recommend the Aran Islands - there's a ferry that will take you there and they're great for a day trip! It's an Irish-speaking island that specializes in creating wool, and you should definitely rent a bike to see the whole island.

Another great place to see is The Cliffs of Moher in County Clare. You can book a tour that will take you there and Connemara . Beautiful countryside.

Other must-sees on the West coast include Killarney and Dingle. If you can rent a car, it might be easier to get around.

Dublin and Cork are must-see cities as well. 

1. Galway City (metro area)
  2. Ard Bia at Nimmos (restaurant)
  3. McDonagh's (restaurant)
  4. McCambridge's Of Galway Ltd (restaurant)
  5. Cupan Tae (attraction)
  6. The Claddagh (attraction)
  7. Spanish Arch (attraction)
  8. The Docks (attraction)
  9. Salthill (city)
  10. Aran Islands (attraction)
  11. Killarney (city)
  12. Dingle (attraction)
  13. Dublin (city)
  14. Cork (city)

Joanna from Oakland

Depends on what you're interested in- outdoors, beer tasting, restaurants, etc. 

For outdoors, there's Cliffs of Moher and Connemara. I recommend renting a car and driving along the country side. Lots of greenery

Dublin is a good starting base and a very walkable city. For a quick meal, try Pieman on Crown Alley (near the downtown area). Irish pies for an affordable price. 

For history, visit the Kilmainham Gaol, a historic Irish prison. Good tour that costs are €5. It's a bit more on the outskirts of Dublin. You can grab a quick lunch at the cafe across the street. 

1. Cliffs of Moher (attraction)
  2. Connemara (city)
  3. Dublin (city)
  4. Kilmainham Gaol (attraction)
  5. Pieman (restaurant)

Christa from Bolingbrook, Illinois

Must do: Rural Pub Tours I would recommend doing this on your first day! Maybe after a nap. I went on an 8 hour tour with a small group to a bunch of pubs around wicklow county. I felt like we were all best friends by the end. It was so much fun!

Walkabout Wicklow Ltd Go on a hike, stop at poppies to eat, see the PS I Love you bridge! Great views. One of my favorite parts of my trip!

Must See: Cliffs of Moher So beautiful. Plenty of tour companies will take you here. I loved it.

Eats: Avoca Café So this is not super fancy but you NEED to eat here! When you first go in it looks like a clothing store but there is food on the basement and upper levels! I got some kind of chicken pie and a cronut! DELICIOUS.

1. Rural Pub Tours (attraction)
  2. Walkabout Wicklow Ltd (attraction)
  3. Cliffs of Moher (attraction)
  4. Avoca Café (restaurant)