Joe

Ireland

We are travelling to Dublin and Cork over Thanksgiving and would love to do one more trip in another part of Ireland. Would love recommendations.

Daniel from Watford

I did a fantastic driving holiday around Ireland over the summer with my wife and her parents. We didn't stay in Cork but the fishing village of Kinsale is great, very quaint with some old forts that are definitely worth a look. If you can get up to Killarney then that is where the The Ring of Kerry begins, and it is one of the most spectacular drives I have ever done. The scenery is jawdropping and the small, typically Irish villages along the way make for some great stops.

If you can, stay in Killarney two nights and do the drive on the middle day.  Muckross House and the surrounding estate is right near there as well, definitely worth a visit, and taking a horse-and-cart ride from there up past the lakes to Torc Waterfall was another fantastic experience. 

Ireland is fantastic, you will have a great time no matter what you do!

1. Cork (city)
  2. Kinsale (city)
  3. Killarney (city)
  4. The Ring of Kerry (attraction)

Brew from Manhattan Beach

Dingle and the area around it is amazing.  I found it preferable to the The Ring of Kerry.  The actual town of Dingle has a ton of cool pubs, lots of live music, etc.  Great things to see around... good bike-riding, hiking, etc.

The Cliffs of Moher is also a great thing to see.

1. Dingle (city)
  2. The Ring of Kerry (attraction)
  3. Cliffs of Moher (attraction)

Michael

I would recommend the Killarney area. From there you can do the The Ring of Kerry, Muckross Abbey and the national park. It is a beautiful area with lots to see. Relax and enjoy the scenery. 

1. Killarney (city)
  2. The Ring of Kerry (attraction)
  3. Muckross Abbey (attraction)

Nial from Newcastle (Northern Ireland)

I recommend you head up the west coast of Ireland to  Galway.  There is lots to do and see and the people of the city are so friendly. Be sure to check out  Eyre Square and if you have time make your way out to  Clifden where the scenery is amazing.

1. Galway (city)
  2. Clifden (city)
  3. Eyre Square (attraction)

Michelle

The Great Western Greenway (from Achill Island heading down the west coast) and the Wild Atlantic Way is something I need to suggest. It can be hiked/ cycled or walked even if you just do a portion of it its fabulous. And then move on from there to Connemara, Sligo (Ben Bulben) and Clare. Im from Cork and those are my other favourite parts of the country. Have a fantastic trip

1. Great Western Greenway (attraction)
  2. Achill Island (city)
  3. Wild Atlantic Way (attraction)
  4. Connemara (city)
  5. Sligo (city)
  6. Ben Bulben (attraction)
  7. Clare (state)
  8. Cork (city)

Victoria from Plant City

Def. check out the Cliffs of Moher or the The Ring of Kerry

1. Cliffs of Moher (attraction)
  2. The Ring of Kerry (attraction)

Michelle

The Great Western Greenway and the Wild Atlantic Way is something I need to suggest. It can be hiked/ cycled or walked even if you just do a portion of it its fabulous. And then move on from there to Connemara, Sligo (Ben Bulben) and Clare. Im from Cork and those are my other favourite parts of the country. Have a fantastic trip

1. Great Western Greenway (attraction)
  2. Wild Atlantic Way (attraction)
  3. Connemara (city)
  4. Sligo (city)
  5. Ben Bulben (attraction)
  6. Clare (state)
  7. Cork (city)