Gina
Minneapolis

Gina from Minneapolis asked

Sisters exploring Ireland in the fall

What places must we visit during our 3 week adventure next fall?  Where should we start?  What should we see and eat?  Thanks!

Ireland

Lissa from Boston

Hi Gina, A friend and I had 9 days in Ireland where we spent 2 days in Dublin. We stayed at The Merrion Hotel Dublin and explored the city: Guinness StorehouseKilmainham GaolTrinity College, etc. We did a literary pub crawl that was a ton of fun! Then we drove south through Kilkenny and Waterford and stayed at Castlemartyr for two nights while we toured the south (Blarney CastleCork and Bantry House - lots of wool shopping in Blarney, as well). We then drove the Ring of Kerry before spending two nights at Dromoland Castle Hotel to explore The Burren and Bunratty. We did a special dinner at Bunratty that, although touristy, was also great fun. Then we made sure to visit The Original Durty Nelly's, which claims to be the oldest pub in Ireland.  We then drove back to Dublin for two more nights, where we stayed at the The Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin and enjoyed the weekend at some nightclubs. We had such a great trip and made friends with some locals, whom we are still in touch with today! I hope you have a great trip!

Gina
Wow, thank you, Lissa! I cannot wait for my trip!!