I'm going to Ireland for 10 days for a wedding in County Kerry in October. My wife and I love the people, the music, and the sites. She is more people oriented and I'd say I'm probably more site oriented but we meet in between when it comes to music. We are flying into Dublin and will rent a car. I know this is a big question but are there any must sees that you'd suggest as a local. Tourist stuff is fun but finding what the locals do is usually more interesting.
Head north from Kerry to Galway City where you will find the 'real' Ireland and people. A good combination of sites and people so it should suit you both. Top recommendations for Galway are:
- A pint of Guinness and traditional Irish music session at Crane Bar
- Traditional Fish & Chips at McDonagh's
- Wine and cheese upstairs at Sheridans Cheesemongers
- The outdoor Market on Saturdays at St. Nicholas' Collegiate Church
- Head out the coast road to Connemara and visit Spiddal
Hope this helps. Have a great trip to Ireland.
Mentioned in this answer: