Joshua
Kasson, Minnesota

Ireland

First Time to Ireland

My wife and I are traveling to Ireland for the first time this summer.  We are looking for some recommendations on things to see, places to stay, and most assuredly places to eat!  We like authentic places over more tourist-y places.  We want to eat and visit where the locals want to eat and visit!

We will be staying for 10 days or so

Fiona from Dublin, Ireland

You can cover most of Ireland's cities in just one or two days so 10 days gives you plenty of time to include a number of cities.  From Dublin, take a day-trip to Glendalough in Co. Wicklow and see the historic round tower and beautiful lakes. Spend one or two days in the medieval city of Kilkenny and make time to visit t bohemian  Galway City too.  Co. Kerry and the lakes of Killarneyare also worth seeing.

1. Glendalough (city)
  2. Kilkenny (city)
  3. Galway City (attraction)
  4. Killarney (city)

Elaina

I've never been but my mom went last year. They did the Titanic Quarter Limited tour and she said it was great

1. Titanic Quarter Limited (attraction)

It is a bit touristy, but I thought Killarney was absolutely delightful.  The village is so quaint, there are castles to tour and the scenery is top-notch.  You can skip Cork but there is one of my favorite villages just south of there - Kinsale.  If you take the coastal road from Cork, you will have great water views while travelling.  Since Cork is somewhat easy to travel into, we started there and went south to Kinsale then around to Killarney and over to Dublin.  A little bit of the water views to travel with and then a bit of the interior views to end with.  Loved the route we took!

1. Killarney (city)
  2. Cork (city)
  3. Kinsale (city)