Kelly
Massachusetts

Ireland

Best things to do in Ireland?

What are the best things to do & see in Ireland?

Kristiane from Coolup, Western Australia, Australia

I think one of the best things to do is go to a nice pub, full of live music, and meet the locals! The people you will meet will make your trip so much more. 

Ohh and do a paddy wagon tour around the island! Omg great experience!

Hi Kelly,

Oooh there's such a lot to do and see! Will you be driving? How long will you have to spend here? If you have a rental car and 10 days+ I would recommend driving part of the Wild Atlantic Way, a really great route along the Atlantic coast, take a look at www.wildatlanticway.com 

Ireland is a good place for hiking, surfing, kayaking, music, storytelling, art, culture, theatre and museums. There is always a festival on somewhere in the country! I think that Irish people are genuinely friendly and welcoming (maybe I'm biased) Some of my favourite places are: West Cork, especially SchullSkibbereen and CastletownbereKerry especially Dingle and Slea Head

I also love Rock of Cashel and Connemara Dublin city and the Wicklow MountainsGlendalough and RoundwoodWe have very good quality, organic food and seafood, decent restaurants and a good pub and comedy scene. If you like Jazz, the Guinness Jazz Festival is on in Cork in late October each year. The Cat Laughs comedy festival is on in Kilkenny in early June, there are dozens of literary festivals throughout the summer and our sport is like tribal warfare! On the first two weekends of September each year we have the All Ireland Football and Hurling championships in Croke Park. If you ever visit in late September beg or steal a ticket for one of these matches. You will always remember the experience!

1. Ireland (attraction)
  2. Cork (city)
  3. Schull (attraction)
  4. Skibbereen (city)
  5. Castletownbere (city)
  6. Kerry (city)
  7. Dingle (attraction)
  8. Slea Head (attraction)
  9. Rock of Cashel (attraction)
  10. Connemara (city)
  11. Dublin (attraction)
  12. Wicklow Mountains (attraction)
  13. Glendalough (city)
  14. Roundwood (attraction)
  15. Kilkenny (attraction)
  16. Croke Park (attraction)