Joanne
Florida

Joanne from Florida asked

Things to see or do in Iowa City

I'm going for a wedding in October to Iowa City.   Any suggestions on things to do in the surrounding area?   Things to do, where to stay, restaurants.  Thank you.

Iowa City (Iowa)

Kimberly from Chicago

Explore the Iowa Ave Literature Walk! Great place to stroll! Or you can catch a game at the Kinnick Stadium.

1. Iowa Ave (attraction)
  2. Kinnick Stadium (attraction)
Jill from Iowa City

I would stay downtown at either the Sheraton Iowa City Hotel or hotelVetro depending on your budget.  I love @  Clinton Street Social Club, Pullman, or Basta for restaurants downtown.  If that is a home football game day, I would book your hotel ASAP and keep in mind that there will be people (mostly drunk) EVERYWHERE.  If it isn't a home game, you will have a better chance of getting a good hotel room and getting a reservation at a restaurant. 

There is also the Iowa River Landing area that has a Marriott.  There are several good restaurants and shopping within walking distance in that area as well. 

If you like the outdoors, the Coralville Reservoir Trails will be really pretty that time of year and there are several miles of trails you can hike.