Beverly
San Luis Obispo

Indio, Palm Springs

Where should I stay during Coachella?

I'm so stoked that my bf and I scored tickets to Coachella!  I've never been before, but if you have, would you suggest camping or staying in a hotel?  And what hotel would you recommend in the area?  We're driving in for the second weekend.

My bf thinks that camping would be fun, but I'd like to hear more about other people's experience with that before I commit.  What's it like?

Chris from San Francisco

Hi Beverly!

Congrats on landing a ticket to Coachella as it sold out FAST this year.  You could also rent a campervan out of LA and drive it over to use as your homebase during the show. 

Full disclosure: I work for Escape Campervans.  www.escapecampervans.com

Another campervan company I like is Lost Campervans.  http://www.lostcampersusa.com/

We send about 100 each weekend to the festival and I bet 80% of those are return customers.

Let us know if we can be of assistance!

Chris

Hannah from Milwaukee

Definitely camp!  It's cheaper AND way more convenient.  I went with friends two years ago and some of us camped in Indio, while a few others stayed in hotels in Palm Springs.  The ones who stayed in hotels took forever to join us each day because they a ton of time waiting for cabs and being in traffic.  Aside from that hassle, camping is also way more fun anyway and definitely added to my Coachella experience, so it was worth the price of the camping pass (which is way cheaper than a hotel anyway).

Here's what's onsite on each of the campgrounds:

• Showers
  • Bathrooms
  • Outlets
  • A farmer's market
  • Other little stores
  • WIFI!

What I suggest bringing:

• A tent for sure
  • Layers to wear
  • Sleeping bag
  • Pillows
  • Lounge chairs
  • Baby wipes or wetnaps
  • A propane grill (the only kind allowed)
  • Fruit
  • Water
  • Food to cook on the grill
  • Spare battery pack for your phone (even if though your phone's connectivity will probably not work half the time!)

Have fun! I'm so jealous that you scored passes!! :)

1. Indio (city)
  2. Palm Springs (city)

Sherry from Alma

The camping is packed but fun and so convenient!! It is a big drag to have to drive out of that mess! But a hotel in La Quinta would be nice too, but be prepared for the traffic each night!

1. La Quinta (city)