Dinah asked

plan a trip from Stockton to Indianapolis over 5 days

I want to travel at a leisurely pace from Stockton, California to Indianapolis, Indiana over a total of 5 days. Can you help me?
Thank You,
Dinah

Stockton Indianapolis

Melanie from Denver
Since you have a lot of time, I might actually suggest you swing down and take a more Southern route rather than the default route. No offense to Nebraska and Iowa, but if you have the time, maybe start by driving down to Los Angeles and cutting across Phoenix and Albuquerque to Oklahoma City, then up to St. Louis and finally end in Indianapolis.
Depending on when you're driving, that would be a warmer route so you could make more stops outdoors too.
With a little extra time, you might as well cross through Kansas City (Kansas) too. Get some spare ribs to compare to St. Louis and see which one you like more. KC is known more for BBQ, but St. Louis tends to trim down the brisket more. Check out Oklahoma Joe's BBQ & Catering.